Accountant I, Accounting, Full Time (1 year experience preferred)
Company: Arkansas Children's
Location: Little Rock
Posted on: March 26, 2020
Work Shift:Time Type:Full timeDepartment:CC407080
AccountingSummaryThe Staff Accountant I position is responsible for
performing various accounting functions including reconciling
accounts, preparing reports and maintaining accurate accounting
records. This position is responsible for daily, monthly, and
yearly closing duties as well as other special projects as
assigned. The Budget staff accountant is responsible for assisting
with the development, completion and publishing of the annual
budget.DescriptionPRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for reconciling assigned balance sheet accounts to
the general ledger, posting payroll or other routine
- Accountant is responsible for reconciling assigned accounts
each month. Reconciliations should be submitted for supervisor
review each month.
- Accountant is responsible for researching and resolving all
reconciling differences within 30 days. Status of all reconciling
items should be footnoted and reconciliation should be properly
formatted. Footnotes should identify resolution of reconciling item
and an expected date of resolution. Accountant should communicate
concerns or unusual general ledger activity to supervisor as
- Accountant is responsible for maintaining account
- Accountant should have a thorough understanding of how their
assigned accounts work and should be able to verbally communicate
the process to customers.
- Accountant assigned to post payroll on a weekly basis will be
responsible for posting payroll to the general ledger and for
ensuring that payroll taxes are submitted in a timely manner.
- Responsible for monthly closing or budget maintenance duties.
- Accountant is responsible for posting assigned journal entries
according to the Accounting Department month-end closing
- Accountant is responsible for preparing assigned reports and
schedules according to the Accounting Department month-end closing
- Accountant should have a thorough understanding of these duties
including the ability to analyze journal entries and their impact
on financial statements.
- Accountant is responsible for maintaining journal entry
- Accountant is responsible for coordinating with other
accountants or other departments to ensure information is obtained
in a timely manner.
- Budget accountant is responsible for researching material
revenue or expense variances on a monthly basis.
- Budget accountant will update the budget system with actual
data each month.
- Responsible for assigned daily duties and other reports or
schedules as requested by management.
- Accountant is responsible for completing assigned daily duties,
reports or schedules in an accurate and timely manner.
- Accountant is responsible for maintaining up-to-date
instructions for assigned daily duties and scheduled reports.
- Accountant should communicate with internal and external
customers in a professional manner.
- Accountant is responsible for completing special projects as
assigned by supervisor or other Financial Administration management
- Budget accountant will assist with maintaining the personnel
budget request system.
- Budget accountant will assist with preparing personnel budget
reports for hospital administration.
- Budget accountant will assist with analyzing data and reporting
information for benchmarking purposes (PACT).
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Responsible for year-end closing or annual budget duties.
- Accountant is responsible for preparing year-end schedules and
journal entries as assigned.
- Accountant is responsible for completing year-end
reconciliations for assigned accounts making sure all account
balances are correct and no audit adjustments are required.
- Accountant is responsible for meeting year-end deadlines
according to the Accounting Department year-end closing
- Accountant will assist with the budget as requested.
- Budget accountant will assist with the planning, development,
and completion of the annual budget.
- Budget accountant will assist with binding and publishing the
- Accountant should be a team player working to accomplish
departmental goals and special projects.
- Accountant is responsible for utilizing time in an efficient
- Accountant is responsible for making supervisor or other
department management personnel aware of time available for special
- Accountant is responsible for utilizing resources in an
- Accountant is responsible for suggesting recommendations which
improve processes for assigned responsibilities or other
- Accountant will function as backup for temporary vacancies for
similar positions as necessary.
- Accountant will maintain and promote internal controls and
compliance with all Hospital policies and departmental
- Required - Bachelor's degree from four-year college or
university - Field of Study: AccountingEXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Preferred - Minimum 1 year of experience preferredCERTIFICATION
/ LICENSE / REGISTRY REQUIREMENTS
- Preferred - Certified Public Accountant (CPA) (Active or
Inactive) (AR) (License)SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Required - 10 key by touch
- Required - Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Required - Good working knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Required - Good analytical skills and be detail oriented.
- Required - Able to meet deadlines and multi-task.Children are
at the center of everything we do. Arkansas Childrens is the only
hospital system in the state solely dedicated to caring for
children, which allows our organization to uniquely shape the
landscape of pediatric care in Arkansas.As Champions for Children,
Arkansas Childrens Hospital has joined the elite 6 percent of
hospitals in the world that have Magnet Status . Magnet recognition
from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) is the most
prestigious distinction a healthcare organization can receive for
nursing excellence and quality patient outcomes.Arkansas Childrens
is driven by four core values: safety, teamwork, compassion and
excellence. These values inform every decision and every action,
from the aggressive pursuit of zero hospital infections to treating
each family with dignity, kindness and concern. These core values
fundamentally guide our work at Arkansas Childrens.For more than a
century, Arkansas Childrens has continuously evolved to meet the
unique needs of the children of Arkansas and beyond. Today,
Arkansas Childrens is more than just a hospital treating sick kids
our services include two hospitals, a pediatric research institute,
a foundation, clinics, education and outreach, all with an
unyielding commitment to making children better today and healthier
tomorrow.Arkansas Childrens reaches more children in more ways
where they live, learn and play. Our system includes a 336-bed
hospital in Little Rock with the states only pediatric Level 1
Trauma Center, burn center, Level 4 neonatal intensive care and
pediatric intensive care, and research institute as well as a
nationally-recognized transport service. We are nationally ranked
by U.S. News World Report in four specialties (2017-18): Pediatric
Cardiology & Heart Surgery, ranked No. 37; Neonatology, No. 38;
Pediatric Pulmonology, ranked No. 47; and Pediatric Urology, ranked
No. 48. A sister campus, Arkansas Childrens Northwest , opened in
February 2018, bringing 233,613 square feet of inpatient beds,
emergency care, clinic rooms and diagnostic services to children in
that corner of the state.Arkansas Children's provides equal
employment opportunity to all persons without regard to age, race,
color, religion, national origin or citizenship status, disability,
military status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
pregnancy or any other category protected by federal, state and
local laws. Further, Arkansas Children's will not discharge or in
any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants
because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own
pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
Keywords: Arkansas Children's, Little Rock , Accountant I, Accounting, Full Time (1 year experience preferred), Accounting, Auditing , Little Rock, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!