Company: WEST TREE SERVICE
Location: Little Rock
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Job Title: Senior Accountant Department: Accounting
Reports to: Finance Manager Effective Date: 12/1/2021
Reports to: Regional Office – Little Rock, AR
The senior accountant's responsibilities include preparing
financial reports, performing account reconciliations, maintaining
the general ledger, preparing tax returns, assisting with audit
preparations, and performing other accounting duties as
To be successful as a senior accountant, you should have a solid
working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
(GAAP) and strong financial analysis skills. An outstanding senior
accountant should also possess strong Excel skills, be
detail-oriented, highly organized, and able to work with little to
no supervision and perform under pressure.
- Participate/Lead the monthly close process by preparing general
ledger entries, producing related reporting and prepare detailed
- Preparing financial analyses and reports.
- Assist in preparing revenue projections and forecasting
- Assisting with preparing and monitoring budgets.
- Maintaining and reconciling balance sheet and general ledger
- Assisting with annual audit preparations.
- Investigating and resolving audit findings, account
discrepancies, and issues of non-compliance.
- Contributing to the development of new or amended accounting
systems, programs, and procedures.
- Maintaining and reconciling fixed assets schedules.
- Assessing internal controls, including risk assessments and
reviews of risk areas
- Performing other accounting duties and supporting junior staff
as required or assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful
environment with little to no supervision.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills including VLOOKUP's, sumifs and
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in accounting.
At least three years of accounting experience required.
In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
CPA eligible candidate is a plus.
Experience in ERP system such as NetSuite or Sage Intacct also
Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a
Must be able to lift to 15 pounds at times.
Keywords: WEST TREE SERVICE, Little Rock , Senior Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Little Rock, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!