Director of Accounting
Location: Little Rock
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Since our start in 2015, we've gone from a group of individuals to
a community pushing toward the same goal of building a fantastic
company with great people, great products, and, most importantly, a
great culture. To date, we have grown from a handful of school
districts in Arkansas to thousands of school districts across the
Apptegy is building products to empower school leaders to run
better schools. We have the opportunity to help schools as they go
through a radical shift in how they operate and to provide great
technology to make that transition.
We are growing quickly and are focused on bringing thoughtful,
high-performers together to craft an experience for our clients and
to make Apptegy a better place than it already is.
As a Director of Accounting, you will...
Help scale Apptegy's internal accounting functions. You will manage
the daily accounting operations for all Apptegy locations and
entities. You'll also develop and implement accounting systems to
ensure accuracy and compliance.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has accounting
experience and is looking to elevate their skills and help grow an
accounting team with a fast-growing, innovative tech company.
* Manage and develop a team that is responsible for collections and
accounts receivables and payables
* Set up a structure for international expansion of Apptegy
* Build and maintain the general ledger in the accounting
* Set up revenue recognition rules for additional products and
services that will be deployed
* Deliver a successful audit each year
* Research and implement a new accounting system that can scale
with the company's fast growth
What is expected of you:
1. Intrinsically self-driven: You should be someone who brings
drive and intensity to their work. We are growing quickly and need
someone who can get more done in less time. You should be motivated
to achieve outstanding results.
2. Excited to take the next step: To be successful, you will need
to be willing to get into the weeds and get your hands dirty.
You'll need to learn what we've been doing and figure out ways to
improve our processes, which should in turn allow you to develop
this role into your own.
3. Work with a sense of urgency: You will need to prioritize your
work to get things done quickly. Effective time management is key
in order to get the quality and quantity of work done. You won't
wait for things to come to you; you'll also be one step ahead.
4. You love a challenge: This role will be a daily challenge that
will allow you to grow. You must have high expectations set for
yourself and willing to put in the work to achieve those goals.
What is true of you?
An aptitude for challenge & a track record of success:
* You have 6+ years of accounting experience and a CPA.
* You have completed a four-year college degree in accounting,
finance, or business.
* You have worked on or helped to maintain GL accounts in either
Sage Intacct or Netsuite.
* You have worked in a publicly traded company.
* You have experience working with international entities.
* You have experience working with SaaS or software industries.
An ability to manage your day and be effective & efficient:
* You have managed your own workflow and schedule.
* You do not need someone to guide your day or tell you what to do
What else should I know?
We take our responsibility as a company seriously and aim to make
this the best job that you've had (and one that sets you up for
We want your day at work and your time at home to be a joyful
experience, that's why we provide:
* Medical, dental, vision insurance for you and dependents
* Matching 401(k) retirement plan
* Discretionary/flexible paid time off policy
* Parental leaveDependent Care FSA
* Annual Travel Stipend
If the challenge of building a rapidly growing startup excites you
as much as it does us, we hope that you'll consider joining us.
Keywords: Apptegy, Little Rock , Director of Accounting, Accounting, Auditing , Little Rock, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!