Company: Little Rock Job Corps Center
Location: Little Rock
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Position Facility Maintenance Supervisor Reports To Finance &
Administration Director - DepartmentFacility Maintenance FLSA
STATUS Exempt - Full Time Primary Position Objectives Manages the
center maintenance functions to ensure center buildings, grounds,
roads, sidewalks, and equipment are clean, well maintained, and
free of hazards, facilities, equipment, and systems are maintained
in operating condition, and facilities provide a safe and
attractive living and learning environment for students and staff.
Brief Description of Duties
- Recommends, hires, trains, supervisors, and evaluates assigned
- Implement a maintenance program that includes written
preventive maintenance procedures approved by the Regional Office
and provides for qualified maintenance personnel to be available or
on call 24/7.
- Implement and manager E-Maint tracking system that documents
scheduled maintenance, work orders, Operations and Maintenance
(O&M) deficiencies, and the amount of time taken to complete
- Implement procedures for inspecting, repairing, encapsulating,
and/or removing asbestos containing materials and/or lead-based
paint; procedures for updating and maintaining an asbestos and/or
lead-based paint O&M plan that meets Federal, state, and local
jurisdiction requirements; and assigning qualified staff to manage
the asbestos and/or lead-based paint program.
- Establish procedures for handling emergency maintenance
problems at all times including weekends and after-hours.
- Ensure qualified staff supervise students performing
maintenance work as part of an approved career technical training
program or center support program.
- Ensures maintenance funds for capital improvement projects.
Operates the maintenance function within established budgets.
- Where the contracting responsibility for approved construction
or rehabilitation has been delegated to a center, the center
ensures prompt completion in a cost-effective manner.
- In cooperation with the F&A Director, provides advanced
notice or seek Contracting Officer consent through the region as
outlined in the centers operating contract and/or Contractor's
Purchasing System Review (CPSR).
- Before engaging in facility rehabilitation, including Career
Technical Skills Training (CTST) projects, seeks and receives
approval from the National Office, as applicable.
- Coordinate with the state or local jurisdiction of authority to
obtain all required construction permits and preoccupancy
inspections if applicable. Participate in the facility survey
process that includes: Long-range planning; Review and discussion
of the facility survey findings; and Development and implementation
of measures to meet Federal mandates like resource conservation,
green initiatives and other environmental issues.
- Ensures the Job Corps Construction Rehab Report is submitted
monthly to the corporate office and quarterly via the CRA Web site.
An updated Construction Rehab Report shall be updated and submitted
with each CRA Funding Request.
- Updates the status of each FNC deficiency at least bi-weekly or
more frequently as the status changes from receiving funds,
procurement, construction award, construction progress, and
- Every effort shall be made to complete the FNC within the time
frames detailed in the PRH.
- Serves as the Center Sustainability Chair to develop and
implement sustainable practices wherever feasible to promote energy
and water conservation and reduce overall center operations
- Uploads energy and water consumption data into the designated
online system (currently Energy Watchdog) on a monthly basis.
- Submit Quarterly Waste Reports using the CRA funding
- Submit updates on center sustainability measures implemented,
and any new or modified procedures, using the Sustainability
Measures Checklist in PHR Appendix 511, to the corporate, and the
Regional Office at least bi-annually.
- Implements procedures and conducts periodic self-evaluation and
audits to ensure integrity, accountability, and prevention of fraud
and program abuse.
- Conducts and documents regularly scheduled department meetings
to provide direction, communicate progress, and share
- Complies with all DOL guidelines, OFCCP regulation, Quality
Assurance Plan (QAP), Serrato policies and procedures, Job Corps
notices and bulletins, and Center policies and procedures.
- Holds regular staff meetings at least twice a month, document
meetings, and submit documentation to Center Director.
- Works towards meeting performance management goals.
- Follows CDSS plan and Code of Conduct system daily.
- Adheres to required property control policies and
- Maintains good housekeeping in all areas and complies with
- Evaluates personnel under his/her management and makes
recommendations regarding disciplinary actions, promotions, and/or
- Demonstrates and abides by Serrato Corporation's core values
and operating principles
- Models, mentors, monitors appropriate Career Success Standards.
- Helps Students become more employable through continuous
- Participates in PRH mandated staff training. Failure to
participate may result in disciplinary action up to and including
- Performs other duties as assigned. Key Competencies Performance
Standards/Results Effective Communication
- Presents information both clearly and concisely and regularly
confirms correct interpretation of information.
- Very high standard of communication skills both written and
verbal for the presentation of facts and ideas.
- Shows professional non-verbal body language and actively
listens to others. - Organization of Work
- Action oriented. Demonstrates the ability to handle several
projects simultaneously with decision making, flexibility, and
- Implements the key principles of time management, task
allocation and priority assignment in addition to personal
- Shows attention to detail and ability to complete work with the
highest level of accuracy and efficiency.
- Continually seek ways to improve employment service provided
via development of professional skills and personal growth.
- Demonstrates professional interpersonal skills when interacting
with others. Abides by Serrato Corporation's Healthy Workplace
- Acts as a team player and builds professional relationships
with coworkers to achieve goals. - - - - - - Leadership &
- Ability to exceptionally manage and lead staff from diverse
- Committed to investing in and developing staff and positioning
them to succeed. -
- Mission-oriented and possesses a strategic vision. -
- Motivates staff and provides coaching and/or feedback when
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Computer literacy with basic computer functions, email,
internet, ans basic programs such as Adobe Acrobat.
- Strong technical knowledge of all building systems (electrical,
- Knowledge of crafts skills such as plumbing, carpentry,
electrical, landscaping, painting etc..
- Knowledge of health and safety practices and regulations
- Understanding of budgeting and performance management.
- Attention to detail to ensure that all jobs are completed in
exemplary manner and any potential hazards or warning signs of
problems are not overlooked. Experience Three years maintenance
experience required, and one year of supervisory experience.
Education High School Diploma or equivalent. - Certificates,
Licenses, Registrations Valid State Driver's License
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit
and stand and walk; to reach with hands and arms and talk and
listen. The employee is occasionally required to sit; to use hands
and fingers to handle or feel; to taste and to smell. The employee
must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision capabilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision. Physical stamina is
required to handle a full shift of being active and working on the
building. Work Environment The work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. The noise level can vary from
moderate to loud. Benefits Offered
- Paid Short Term / Long Term Disability and basic life
- Health care insurance available (medical, dental, vision,
critical illness, accident, HSA, and FSA)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- 401K -& 401K -Matching
- Tutiton Reimbursement -
- Employee Assistance Counseling Service ProgramDisclaimers
- Serrato Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Serrato Corporation conducts background checks and drug
Keywords: Little Rock Job Corps Center, Little Rock , Maintenance supervisor, Accounting, Auditing , Little Rock, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...