Mission Effectiveness Administrative Specialist
Company: Heifer International
Location: Little Rock
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender,
gender identify, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected
veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual
The Mission Effectiveness Administrative Specialist provides a
range of administrative support to the Mission Effectiveness
function ensuring daily operations are carried out professionally
and efficiently.This position will coordinate with various other
departments on areas of work including, but not limited to, daily
operations, policies, and procedures, communication, legal
contracts, and procurement.
ESSENTIAL CHARACTER TRAITS:
Commitment to performance, solution-oriented, detailed, positive,
curious, collaborative, self-starter, flexible, trustworthy,
service-oriented, organized, and comfortable in a fast-paced office
RESPONSIBILITIES & DELIVERABLES
Provide administrative and logistical support to the day to day
operations of the Mission Effectiveness function. (50%)
- Oversee and assist with daily administrative tasks including
scheduling, invoice coding, document preparation, and other tasks
- Provide support to internal and external meetings and workshops
including setup for remote participation, recording meeting
minutes, ordering catering, arranging transportation, hotel,
airfare and other travel logistics as assigned.
- Assist in the preparation, submission, filing and maintainence
of legal contracts.
- Assist in onboarding activities for new hires.
- Process monthly credit card statements for assigned staff.
- Prepare and process standard forms and documents.
- Maintain Mission Effectiveness digital files within Laserfiche,
Microsoft Teams, etc.
- Oversee Division staff activities including team building,
recognition of birthdays, anniversaries, etc.
- Proficient in MS Office with expertise in Microsoft Word,
PowerPoint and Excel.Support and assist Director of Public
Relations and Strategic Communications (40%)
- Support to and coordination of external speaking engagements
including tracking of staff speakers, due dates, etc.
- Ensure all relevant talking points are captured, up to date and
- Provide general administrative support to the Director of PR
and Strategic Communications.Provide backup support to the Chief of
Mission Effectiveness (5%)
- Prepare correspondence, reports and other materials as
- Assist with special projects as requested.
- Assist with the development and coordination of travel
arrangements and scheduling for the Chief of Mission
Effectiveness.May perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field with three (3) years of
job-related experience.Preferred Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field and five (5) years of
job-related experience.Most Critical Proficiencies:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work
cooperatively, tactfully and diplomatically with a culturally
diverse group of people, especially in a fast-paced
- Ability to quickly assess and prioritize competing interests,
such that those which are most important are given direct
attention, including the ability to interpret and apply policies
and procedures independently, and use sound judgment and
- Knowledge of general office procedures.
- A problem solver - work in a solution-oriented way, exploring
and deploying technologies appropriately to ensure the
- Ability to promote Heifer externally and internally as a
surrogate for senior leadership.
- Strong scheduling, e-mail and Internet/Intranet skills as well
as meeting agenda development and note-taking.
- Demonstrated experience and success holding prior positions
that required a high level of sensitivity and confidentiality.
- Extensive experience using computers as a tool for word
processing, communications, and organizing. Must possess
demonstrable skills using Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and
- Ability to be proactive in anticipating any needs of the
Mission Effectiveness team and collaborators.Essential Job
Functions and Physical Demands:
- Ability to work independently and perform multiple tasks with
- Ability to work with sensitive information and to maintain
- May require constant sitting and moving; working at a computer
for extended periods.
- Occasional bending and lifting of up to 20 pounds (9 kilograms)
floor to waist.
Keywords: Heifer International, Little Rock , Mission Effectiveness Administrative Specialist, Administration, Clerical , Little Rock, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!