Company: UAMS Medical Center
Location: Little Rock
Posted on: March 25, 2020
OverviewThe Administrative Coordinator reports to the Service
Line Administrator, with assignments made by SLA, Directors, and
CSMs.-- Incumbent provides administrative support including
generation of business reports to aid in efficient use of personnel
and financial resources on the nursing units.-- Collaborates with
HR on job postings and recruitment.-- Collaborates with Payroll to
resolve payment and clocking issues.-- Provides general
administrative support.--The University of Arkansas for Medical
Sciences (UAMS) has a unique combination of education, research,
and clinical programs that encourages and supports teamwork and
diversity.-- We champion being a collaborative health care
organization, focused on improving patient care and the lives of
Arkansans.------UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks:
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for staff
- Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using
UAMS pharmacy.ResponsibilitiesBusiness Operations--
- Provides business operations support to the CSMs as directed by
the Service Line Administrator. Reconciles productivity, reviews
supply and non-supply costs, produces rolling budget report.--
Produces other reports as directed.
- Assists in the ordering process of medical and non-medical
supplies. Works with the Business Office to place orders, track
supplies, troubleshoot backorders with Central Supply, obtain
quotes, request capital equipment, repair/M&R of broken
- Oversees re-stocking of medical supplies in Central Supply Room
for each unit.
- Performs environmental rounds on units to assess maintenance,
equipment and supply needs. Places work order for unit repairs.--
Provides follow-up to ensure problems are resolved.HR Functions--
- Collaborates with CSM to identify positions to post.
- Collaborates with HR to post positions, completing paper or
online forms as directed.
- Reviews non-nursing posting to identify potential applicants,
routes applicants to CSMs, and collaborates with CSMs to schedule
- Assists unit leadership with timely annual evaluations: tracks
due dates for annual evaluations, notifies employees of annual eval
requirements, ensures compliance with annual requirements (BLS, TB,
licensure), electronically routes evals to appropriate supervisor
for completion, follows-up with supervisors to ensure due dates are
- Tracks 90-day evals for new hires. Establishes 30 and 60 day
meetings between CSM and new employees.
- Transfers employee mailbox when an employee transfers across
- Monitor attendance deficiencies: tracks attendance compliance,
notifies employees when attendance thresholds are met (Attendance
Manager reports emailed), notifies supervisors when employees
reaches oral/written warnings, facilitates completion of paperwork
(prints EDN forms from Attendance Manager), ensures signed
documents/notes are scanned and documented, sends notifications
through certified mail when required.--Administrative Duties--
- Provides clerical and administrative support to the CSMs and
Nursing Directors as requested. Examples include scheduling
meetings, maintaining calendars, taking minutes, etc.
- Maintains employee records: creates new files, maintains
unit/area email distribution lists, ensures document completion for
training, competencies, counseling forms, and other TJC required
- Routes mail.
- Participates in annual inventory process for each assigned
unit. Searches for missing equipment, works with CSMs and Directors
to ensure a thorough search is conducted.--
- Manages copiers and phones on units.
- Makes copies/packets, requesting assistance from Nursing
Receptionist for larger jobs.
- Produces flyers for informational and recognition purposes.
Example is birthday flyers for the unit breakrooms.--
- Participates in nursing-wide events and initiatives. Examples
of events include Nursing and Hospital Week, employee recognition,
retirements, and Skills Fairs.
- Responsible for maintaining EPIC Downtime Boxes.
- Assists with set-up or meetings, including reserving conference
rooms, sending invitations, producing rosters, providing AV/Polycom
support, producing agenda, and taking minutes.
- Collects emergency checklists, temperature logs, and patient
assignments throughout units. Routes information to CSM and sends
for scanning as appropriate. Scheduling and Payroll
- Works with Nursing Payroll and Nursing HR to reconcile payroll
- Verifies bi-weekly staff benefits reports.
- Maintains list of employees who are on FMLA, LOA, restricted
duty, Short Term Disability, Workers Comp, etc.
- Ensures that Workers Comp, ADA, and Short Term Disability
packets are completed by employees.
- Assists in completing Clocking Exception Logs.
- Kronos report generation as requested.QualificationsMinimum
- Bachelors degree -OR- 2 years college with 2 years
administrative support experience; -OR- High School Diploma, GED or
formal educational equivalent with 4 years administrative
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel,
Access, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with the
ability to delegate and follow-up.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and interdependently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure.
- Ability to work in a diverse environment with people from
various cultures, backgrounds, socioeconomic status, etc.
- Maintain confidentiality requirements and laws.Preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Healthcare
Management, or related field.--This position is subject to a
pre-employment criminal background check [and drug screen. A
criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not
disqualify an applicant. Any criminal history will be evaluated in
relationship to job responsibilities and business necessity.-- The
information obtained in these reports will be used in a
confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and
federal law.--UAMS is an--Affirmative Action--and--Equal
Opportunity Employer--of individuals with disabilities and
protected veterans and is committed to excellence.Physical
RequirementsStand: OccasionallySit: FrequentlyWalk:
OccasionallyBend, crawl, crouch, kneel, stoop, or reach overhead:
NeverLift, push, pull, carry weight: 10 lbs or lessUse hands to
touch, handle, or feel: FrequentlyTalk: ContinuouslyHear:
ContinuouslyTaste or smell: NeverRead, concentrate, think
analytically: ContinuouslyPhysical Environment: Inside Office
EnvironmentNoise Level: ModerateVisual Requirements: Color
discrimination, Depth perception, Far visual acuity, Near visual
Keywords: UAMS Medical Center, Little Rock , Administrative Coordinator, Administration, Clerical , Little Rock, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!