Location: Little Rock
Posted on: December 4, 2019
Apptegy is an EdTech company based in Little Rock, Arkansas. At
Apptegy, we are building the first marketing platform for schools.
Thrillshare, our publishing platform, makes it easy for schools to
share positive stories with their communities and the world.
We're growing quickly, yet remain focused on crafting an incredible
experience for our teams and clients. We value and expect
thoughtfulness and high performance from everyone at Apptegy.
About the position:
Apptegy is looking for software engineers who have a particular
interest in automated testing and building full end to end tests in
a behavioral driven style (BDD). We see this as a vitally important
next step in helping Apptegy build out more products and services
at scale and providing support to other engineers in helping them
test and verify their software in an automated and consistent
This is an exciting and unique opportunity for a motivated engineer
to work closely with a friendly group of engineers building
technology that has a direct impact on school kids' lives.
You want to master the skill of self-improvement, and understand
that we all have weak spots.
You are driven to do amazing work and complete every task to the
best of your ability.
You constantly push yourself to get more done in less time by
attacking your work with intensity.
You ask for help when you need it, own up to your mistakes, and put
the needs of your colleagues above your own ego.
What you'll be doing:
- Taking a deep-dive into Apptegy's products
- Understanding the user experience and what matters most to
- Designing and implementing API tests that hit real services in
a real environment
- Designing full E2E tests that simulate users and enable
- Implementing the front-end tests in Cypress inside the existing
- Developing a process for reporting, metrics and dashboarding
for all test runs
- Working closely with developers to build out a holistic testing
- Taking the lead on all things testy, both automated and
- 2-3+ years of front-end web and/or back-end development
- Top communication skills for both a technical and non-technical
- Demonstrable experience with Cypress, Selenium, Cucumber,
JUnit, TestNG, Mocha, Chai or any other testing framework
- Fundamental understanding of what makes good tests both from a
TDD and BDD perspective
- Also wants to do regular software development (we want that
Nice to Have:
- Awareness of current trends in DevOps and automation
- Experience of front-end frameworks such as Vue, Angular or
- Good understanding of Amazon Web Services (particularly EC2,
EKS, Lambda etc.)
What it's like to work at Apptegy
Working at Apptegy is different. For most of our team members,
working here is unlike anything they've experienced. We have an
entire floor to ourselves in the Simmons Building (the tallest in
Arkansas), where we have a great time and get to work with school
districts and schools across the U.S. At Apptegy, our most
important asset is our culture of thoughtfulness and high
Internally, we look for chances to make each others' days. Noticing
someone needs a pick-me-up, remembering birthdays, and celebrating
others' success all help strengthen our internal bonds. Externally,
we want to amaze people with how much we care in both the products
we build and the services we provide that happens by noticing and
acting on opportunities to value others.
What we are trying to accomplish is hard. While thoughtfulness is
central to how we engage others, a personal ethic of high
performance is needed across the company for us to succeed. High
performance is a major focus in every role across the company.
Salary, benefits, and why you'll love working at Apptegy:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Retirement investment matching
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Work with great people in a fun environment
- Be a part of a team that is transforming the way schools engage
Apptegy is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled
status, or genetic information.
Keywords: Apptegy, Little Rock , Test Engineer, Engineering , Little Rock, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!