Director of Engineering Technology
Company: Georg Fischer Harvel LLC
Location: Little Rock
Posted on: November 22, 2021
About Us:Georg Fischer Harvel, LLC with U.S. corporate
headquarters in Little Rock, Arkansas, and plants throughout the
U.S. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Georg Fischer AG located in
Schaffhausen, Switzerland. Recognized for superior quality and
product innovation for nearly 50 years, and backed by an unwavering
dedication to innovation and unrivaled technical expertise, GF
Harvel provides solutions for industrial piping systems including
pressure piping, waste piping, double containment, fittings,
joining technologies, and other products mainly for the safe and
reliable conveyance of water and corrosive media. GF Harvel
services industries such as chemical processing, energy, marine,
cooling technology, water treatment, and microelectronics both
domestically and around the world.
We are currently looking to add a seasoned Director of Engineering
Technology to our team.
Summary of Position: The Director of Engineering and Technology
will have the responsibility to drive the innovation, R&D, and
project management functions in GF Harvel along with leading
projects that support the Global Innovation Team.
Under the guidance of the Managing Director
- Ensure the innovation funnel is healthy to support the
strategic goals of the company.
- Directs and implements the organization's R&D policies,
objects, and initiatives.
- Ensuring that GF project management processes are followed
while keeping projects on track for timelines and budgets. Under
the guidance of the Head of Global Innovation
- Build and lead technology hub for flame retardant solutions
including oversight of global project roadmap.
- An active member of the global innovation management team,
driving implementation of goals and values of GF Piping Systems
- Dotted line reporting responsibilities according to assigned
- Ensure we are following all GF procedures and directives in the
innovation, R&D, and project management processes.
- Drive the innovation process to develop unique and creative
solutions for our customers using innovative materials and the
design thinking process.
- Develop long-term strategic plans for areas of
- Create a center of excellence for R&D that can be utilized
by other GF companies.
- Direct group activities to develop and optimize new and
existing piping system compounds and components in conjunction with
in-house and external R&D partners and laboratories.
- Coordinate and align global flame retardant and
material-related initiatives and projects, own overall development
and technology roadmap.
- Build global core technology and competence team that is
closely linked to the relevant market stakeholders and customers'
- Ensure that projects are tracked per GF guidelines and are
executed to hit key milestones and timelines while remaining within
- Implement safety-related processes, programs, and initiatives
to create safe workplaces but most importantly safe people in the
area of responsibility
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as Material Science
(Preferred), Engineering, or Chemistry from an accredited
institution is required. An advanced degree such as MS in an
engineering/science discipline or MBA is preferred
- Must have at least 10 years of professional work experience,
including at least 3 years managing, preferably in a manufacturing
company or consulting firm
- Knowledge in plastics, particularly PVC, CPVC, PP.
Understanding flame retardant materials is preferred.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills, initiative to create
new programs where none exist today and get buy-in from leadership
for new programs and projects
- Detail-oriented and technically strong. Broad understanding of
commercial, regulatory, and emerging issues and trends in areas
related to chemicals and plastics.
- Ability to lead via influence, persuasion, negotiation, and
effective communications across all levels of the organization,
from front-line people to executive leadership.
- Tenacious, but highly collaborative across functions and
- Competitive (winning-oriented) and results-driven.
- Excellent team player, with demonstrated ability to drive
action and impact beyond direct lines of authority.
- Process-driven problem solver. Analytical.
- Smart, creative, and superior critical thinker. Creates unique
insights into health, safety, and environmental
- Works with quality and pace, simultaneously.
- Strong and persuasive communicator with a highly professional
- Strong, confident, and engaging with all aspects of the
business and at all levels of the organization, internally and
- Ability to work in an office and to travel to all facilities
- Ability to work in an environmentally controlled office and
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment with conditions
which may include: fumes, orders, gases, chemicals, and dust as
well as decibels in the range of 65-100
- Strength: Ability to exert up to 20 lbs. of force.
Georg Fischer Harvel, LLC is an EOE employer. Authorization to work
in the US is required. Sponsorship for this position is not
available. Relocation assistance is not available for this
position. No recruiter or 3rd part placement agency solicitations
will be accepted.
Keywords: Georg Fischer Harvel LLC, Little Rock , Director of Engineering Technology, Engineering , Little Rock, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!