Assistant Project Engineer
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Caddell is seeking 2020 and 2021 Building Science and Construction
Management graduates for an Assistant Project Engineer opportunity
Applicants who do not have the credentials listed above will not be
Assists contracts managers in monitoring construction
correspondence and other tasks. Assists the on-site construction
staff with achievement of corporate deadlines.
1. Assists contracts manager in monitoring construction
2. Assists on-site construction staff with corporate procedures and
achievement of corporate deadlines.
3. Assists with the preparation of financial statements.
4. Assists contracts managers with documentation as needed to
answer and respond to governmental agency requests.
5. Assists contracts managers with coordinating issues with project
6. Assists contracts managers with coordinating submittals for
preconstruction plans required for new contracts.
7. Assists with training of on-site staff on Caddell's
8. Assists contracts managers with monitoring and distributing
design-build submittal packages.
9. Assists the construction executives and executive staff as
10. Assists in negotiating and preparing change orders, terms and
conditions, and purchase agreements within the parameters of
established procedure for subcontractors and vendors.
11. Assists in developing, tracking and negotiating proposals and
change orders for the implementation of contract changes with the
owner and subcontractors.
12. Conducts business correspondence and assists in the preparation
of billing/financial reporting.
13. Provides technical support for construction efforts including
participation in construction planning. Assists with design
interpretation, application of construction methods, resolution and
documentation of design conflicts and constructability reviews.
14. Develops, implements, and administers project procedures and
other work controlling documents to support overall
15. Interfaces with all departments as required to resolve
problems, ensure quality of construction, project safety etc., in
support of overall project schedule.
16. Assists in looking ahead and paying attention to the work flow,
coordinating with superintendents on delivery of materials and
staying on schedule.
17. Assists in the maintenance of the project schedule by
completing period schedule updates within required time frames and
identifying any schedule issues.
REQUIREMENTSFour-year degree in Building Science, Construction
Management or related field. Strong -written and verbal
communication skills. Ability to develop a working knowledge of all
applicable Caddell processes and procedures. Ability to develop
strong client relations skills. - Excellent organizational skills.
Ability to use Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and
ADDITIONAL INFOCaddell Construction is an Equal Opportunity
Employer - veterans, disability, and other protected classes under
applicable laws and regulations.
ARE YOU THE RIGHT FIT FOR CADDELL?
Caddell is looking for people with -strong values and a shared
vision for success. -Cultural fit is critical to employee
satisfaction and company success. Take a moment -to watch -The
Caddell Way Culture video, and if you think you are -the right fit,
we'd be happy for you to apply! -
Keywords: Caddell, Little Rock , Assistant Project Engineer, Engineering , Alexander, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!