Executive Director, Manager of Finance and Senior Accountant
Company: Metropolitan Housing Alliance
Location: Little Rock
Posted on: February 22, 2021
The Manager of Procurement reports to the Executive Director and
all operating departments of the Metropolitan Housing Alliance by
ensuring the effective and efficient administration of procurement
policies and procedures related to new construction,
rehabilitation, and other structural changes in compliance with
Agency and federal guidelines, rules and regulations. This position
works with vendors/contractors/consultants in developing
specifications, preparing contracts, evaluating bids based upon an
established standardized scoring system. The Contracts and
Procurement Assistant reports directly to the Manager of
Procurement. All activities must support MHA's mission, strategic
goals and objectives. As needed, assists in other departmental
activities. Essential Duties and Responsibilities The below
statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of
work being performed by this position. This is not a complete
listing of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops specifications and scope of work for bid proposals
consistent with the Agency's policies and according to federal,
state, and local procurement regulations and guidelines.
- Conducts pre-proposal conferences; maintains and verifies
weekly payroll checks for construction contracts and maintains
appropriate records; and prepares and initiates appropriate HUD
reports, and HUD wage requirements and other pertinent information
relative to HA contract administration.
- Monitors and evaluates the performance of the modernization and
renovation programs against the Capital Fund program Five Year
- Ensures the Agency's procurement policies and procedures are
followed; recommends revisions and/or new policies as
- Initiates and conducts formal advertising for Agency purchases
of contract services; works with the requesting department to
ensure that contract services meet their needs and comply with
federal, state, and local laws, HUD requirements and Agency
policies and procedures.
- Conducts bid openings, evaluates bids received, makes
recommendations, prepares contracts, documents, and award letters
and coordinates and conducts pre-bid conferences and pre-award
- Writes specifications for material, equipment, and services to
be purchased as assigned; provides information to and requests
information from vendors, salespersons, and HA departments
concerning specifications and other requirements.
- Prepares bid packages for advertisement, arranges for
advertisement, and sends bid packages to interested parties.
- Processes expenditure requests ensuring appropriate
documentation and approvals.
- Maintains contract files to comply with all regulations.
- Maintains all documentation, forms, and reports necessary to
comply with regulations concerning the Capital Fund Program.
- Completes and ensures proper processing of all required forms
and documentation necessary for contractor/vendor payments.
- Regularly meets with the Executive Director, Manager of Finance
and Senior Accountant to keep grant obligations and expenditures
current and up-to-date; keeps Executive Director and Senior
Accountant abreast of grant statuses.
- Audits materials, supplies expended, and work quality of
contractors to ensure compliance with contract provisions Provides
information to and requests information from vendors, salespersons,
and Agency departments concerning specifications and other
- Monitors contractor compliance with Davis-Bacon Wage provisions
and interviews contractor employees to verify appropriate
- Manages and supervises personnel which includes the hiring of
staff, establishment of performance standards, periodic performance
evaluations, the delivery of or the recommendation for disciplinary
action up to and including suspensions, conducts staff meetings,
approves annual and sick leave, and monitors absences.
- Provides consulting to maintenance personnel on a variety of
- Maintains all As Built and contractor drawings and arranges for
updating when required.
- Assists in the development of Modernization plans and
preparation of budget estimates.
- Keeps the Executive Director, Manager of Finance and Senior
Accountant informed of activity through personal conferences,
written reports, or other methods as may be appropriate.
- Prepares and submits to supervisor daily, weekly and monthly
logs and reports as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Qualifications To perform
this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education and/or
Experience Bachelor's degree with a major in a relevant discipline;
and/or at least 5 years working with large-scale contracts and/or
procurement; or an equivalent combination of education and
experience. SIGN UP FOR
Enter Your Email Address Below
Keywords: Metropolitan Housing Alliance, Little Rock , Executive Director, Manager of Finance and Senior Accountant, Executive , Little Rock, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!