Chief Impact & Strategy Officer
Company: TC Industries Of Canada Company
Location: Little Rock
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Are you looking to utilize your gifts and skills to truly make
an impact in a progressive, rapidly growing non-profit organization
where you can truly make a difference within the organization as
well as the communities it serves? If so, check out this
opportunity! Job Summary: The Chief Impact & Strategy Officer
(CISO) is a senior position, which reports to the CEO and works
collaboratively with the Fundraising Team, to provide guidance to
L&J Empowerment's community leadership, strategic initiatives,
and impact efforts through grant making, community engagement,
programs, and donor engagement efforts. The CISO will ensure the
L&J Empowerment's impact and leadership goals and objectives
are achieved according to community organization national
compliance standards and will lead implementation, development,
iteration, and evaluation of the Organization's strategic direction
for community investments and engagement. The CISO will be an
experienced change maker, be a leader within the Organization and
in the philanthropic, nonprofit, civic and social sectors in across
the Nation. Duties/Responsibilities:
- Possess extensive grant making and grant writing experience and
relationships with external funders.
- Be a strategic thought partner and a collaborative problem
solver with the CEO, senior staff, Fundraising team, Board, and
- Lead all aspects of impact, program/initiative, grants
activity, and strategic planning, especially as they relate to
community leadership and donor engagement for L&J
- Embrace the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion and
ensure they are reflected in the impact portfolio of work.
- Be a leader of L&J Empowerment, a trusted colleague for
others on the leadership team, Board of Directors and across the
- Help create and support a highly professional, outcome-oriented
- Communicate L&J Empowerment's actions and policies clearly,
protecting and enhancing the reputation and standing in its region,
the state, and the nation, and represent L&J Empowerment in a
variety of settings.
- Create and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with
key outside colleagues, donors, community partners, grantees, and
civic and political leaders.
- In partnership with the CEO and other Leaders, strategize and
refine L&J Empowerment's impact communications to a diverse
- Capture and disseminate data and insights in external
communications, both written and verbal, and as appropriate,
participate as a speaker, panel member, or moderator in
- Carry out special projects as required.
- Adhere to L&J Empowerment's Mission, Vision and guiding
- Performs other related duties to benefit the mission of the
organization. Requirements Required Skills/Abilities:
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple, complex projects in
a deadline-driven and high-achieving environment, and practices
rigor, resourcefulness, collaboration, flexibility, creativity, and
- Commitment to personal learning and development and openness to
- Ability to foster a strong, positive team environment and
provide mentorship and guidance to staff as required.
- Exceptional strategic thinking and problem-solving
- Thoughtful understanding of grantees' needs in key areas of
organizational development, including strategic planning, finance,
management, and board and leadership development.
- Ability to create fund development opportunities for donor and
- Possesses a deep understanding and comprehension of key local
issues and challenges, including those affecting communities that
have been historically marginalized is necessary to be successful
in this position.
- Familiarity with organizational development concepts,
flexibility in adapting capacity building approaches to grantees
and/or grantee cohorts, especially from a place-based and
equity/inclusive perspective. Education and Experience:
- Master's degree desired, but bachelor's with significant and
relevant work experience may substitute.
- 3 years' work and grant-making experience in an equivalent
position for a community foundation or similar setting and
familiarity with the philanthropic and nonprofit sectors is
- Experience with budgeting and financial management of operating
and grant-making budgets.
- Record of strong community engagement experience, grounded in a
shared value of diversity, equity and inclusion, focusing on how
diverse perspectives and opportunities for participation from all
communities lead to greater effectiveness, improved outcomes and
- Experience working for under served communities from a systems
- Proven track record of success in solving complex and dynamic
situations, with excellent analysis, communication, and writing
skills in identifying challenging issues, distilling opportunities
for engagement or grant investments, and strategically synthesizing
information from both the community and grantee experience.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to navigate various departments of the
organization's physical premises.
Keywords: TC Industries Of Canada Company, Little Rock , Chief Impact & Strategy Officer, Executive , Little Rock, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!