Company: Producers Rice Mill, Inc
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Requisition Number: 2021-007
Job Title: Safety Director
State: AR Schedule: Monday - Friday 7:00a.m. - 4:00p.m., overtime
as needed including nights, weekends and call-outs. Job Summary:
The Safety Director is responsible for developing, maintaining, and
executing safety programs and a safety culture that ensures
compliance with OSHA and other regulations while providing adequate
training so that all employees understand and comply with workplace
safety rules and emergency preparedness guidelines. Also, the
Safety Director will implement initiatives to reduce and prevent
accidents, occupational illnesses and exposures to long term health
hazards through regular review of all material safety data sheets
and thorough investigation of all accidents and near misses. In
addition, the director will oversee the DOT program, work with
insurance carriers for on-sight visits, review practices, training
and recommendations for improvement and report any issues or
concerns in the area of employee safety to senior management. Basic
- Must possess a minimum of 5 years' experience in workplace
- Must have a thorough working knowledge of OSHA
- Must demonstrate the ability to give clear and concise
directions in a timely manner.
- Must be able to develop meaningful training tools using
Powerpoint or other presentation software.
- Must demonstrate the ability to remain calm in emergency
- Efficient with Microsoft Office application and business
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and able to
communicate with all levels of personnel.
- Must be able to obtain CPR/AED certifications.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50lbs as needed.
- Must be able to climb up to 200 feet as needed.
- Must be able to travel when needed. (primarily day travel by
road within a three hour radius)
- Must be at least 21 years of age with no recorded driving
violations within the last 12 months.
- Must be willing to bend, stoop, push, pull, twist, and turn
throughout the day.
- Must be able to work in hot and cold temperatures for extended
periods of time. Preferences:
- Prior experience with grain elevators and grain milling. We are
an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not
discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin,
physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the
employment process, please contact us by phone at (870)
674-2535--or email at firstname.lastname@example.org and
let us know the nature of your request and your contact
information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a
case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a
request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay
Transparency Statement .
Keywords: Producers Rice Mill, Inc, Little Rock , Safety Director, Executive , Stuttgart, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!