Commissioning Project Manager
Location: Little Rock
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Bernhard's core mission is delivering innovative engineering,
construction, and energy solutions that empower our clients and
promote a sustainable future. Bernhard is comprised of four
divisions: Mechanical, Electrical, Engineering and Development,
each with a distinct identity and service offerings. The
intersection of our capabilities enables Bernhard to provide
turnkey Energy-as-a-Service ("EaaS") solutions to our clients. At
the same time, our divisions continue working in the market sectors
and communities that the Company has traditionally served.
Bernhard's vision is to be the leading EaaS provider in North
America through delivery of excellent, high value service and
innovative solutions for our clients.
Purpose and Essential DutiesThe Commissioning Project Manager
manages a team of commissioning agents and technicians to execute
multiple commissioning projects concurrently. The Commissioning
Project Manager will provide leadership and oversight to the
commissioning team to ensure that the commissioning scope of work
is executed in an efficient and accurate manner. Commissioning
Project Manager will frequently interact with owner, owner's
representatives, contractors, engineers, and architects to fulfill
the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
Commissioning Project Manager's responsibilities include the
- Coordinate with clients, external resources, and internal team
members to ensure that the client requirements have been accurately
documented and communicated to all parties.
- Manage all incoming project information from clients, internal
and external stakeholders; and distribute to commissioning agents
and technicians to ensure that the commissioning scope or work is
executed in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Develop and continuously track project talent resources and
metrics to ensure that the project is delivered on time, and on
- Establish and deliver a process for frequent tracking and
reporting of project status and execution for communication to the
client and to internal/external stakeholders.
- Ensure that all communications originated from team members to
client representatives, contractors, and outside consultants is
properly documented and achieved.
- Develop and negotiate commissioning fee proposals for new
commissioning projects, including labor hours estimates.
- Manage resource utilization on multiple projects to ensure that
project financial targets are met.
- Provide training and mentoring to commissioning agents and
- Provide input to the director for development and maintenance
of commissioning standards and processes.
- Interact directly with owners and clients to manage
- Assist the Director in development and marketing of new
opportunities, including participation in new project interviews
and pursuing new opportunities with current clients.
- Develops and writes the owner's project requirements.
- Leads the commissioning design review process.
- Reviews the commissioning specifications and plan.
- Reviews the development of functional tests for the project to
ensure accuracy. Participates in the execution of functional
testing as required to assist the Commissioning Agent with problem
- Attends project commissioning meetings as required to assist
the Commissioning Agent.
- Schedules and coordinates commissioning activities with
- Participates in owner training with the Commissioning
- Supervises the work of Commissioning Agents and
- Upholds BTME's owner advocacy philosophy and organizational
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience and Qualifications
- 10+ years of commissioning or related experience with
mechanical, electrical, plumbing, automatic temperature control
systems, or building operation management experience.
- Associate or Bachelor degree in Engineering, Construction
Management or related field.
- Able to interact with the owner, contractor and design team in
a professional manner.
- Proficient in using software to accomplish work tasks such as
Microsoft Word, Excel and online commissioning software such as
Preferred Education, Experience and Qualifications
- Registered Engineering Intern (EI) or Professional Engineer
(PE) licensure preferred.
- Commissioning Certification (e.g. NEBB, ACG, BCxA, ASHRAE,
Physical/Work Environment Requirements
- The Commissioning Project Manager will be required to
participate in the execution of commissioning tasks in the field
with the Agents/Technicians. As such the project manager should be
able to perform the physical requirements of system testing such as
climbing ladders, accessing equipment in confined spaces, and
working in unconditioned or exposed environments.
- Required to transport and operate commissioning tools such as
flow hoods, pressure and temperature measurements tools, etc.
- The Commissioning Project Manager will travel as needed
depending on project demands, typically averaging 25% to 40% of the
time. Bernhard is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with
Disabilities, and participate in the e-Verify program. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status,
disability, or any other classification protected by law.
To staffing/placement agencies: We are not responsible for any fee
related to unsolicited resumes from 3rd party staffing and
placement agencies (whether submitted through this website or sent
directly to an employee of Bernhard LLC or its operating companies)
unless a written agreement is in place between the agency and
Bernhard, LLC ("Company") and an authorized Company representative
makes a written request to the agency to assist with a requisition.
Similarly, no fee will be paid for candidates who apply and claim
to be represented by an agency. Any unsolicited resumes, CVs, or
other candidate information submitted by an agency will become the
property of the Company, and no fee will be paid in the event such
candidate is hired.
If you are an agency and would like to be considered for
partnership with Bernhard, LLC please send your company's
information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Bernhard, Little Rock , Commissioning Project Manager, Executive , Little Rock, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!