Human Resources Manager
Company: Redstone Construction Group Inc.
Location: Little Rock
Posted on: September 25, 2022
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for overseeing human
resources activities in a fast-paced heavy construction environment
with over 300 employees in Central Arkansas.Essential Duties and
- Manage recruitment process from start to finish including
headcount analysis, posting vacancies, screening candidates,
scheduling and conducting interviews, reference checks and making
- Create and execute recruiting strategies for finding new
employees that includes searching resume databases, attending job
fairs, recruiting vo-tech colleges, high school construction
classes, and CDL driver schools.
- Responsible for effective onboarding, new employee orientation
- Provide advice and guidance to managers/supervisors dealing
with difficult situations related to direct reports.
- Manage employee counseling and disciplinary action as
appropriate. Work closely with managers for appropriate course of
- Ensure compliance with internal policies as well as all
applicable federal and state laws.
- Research and stay up to date of new or upcoming changes in
federal and state employment law and guidelines.
- Oversee Labor Compliance as it relates to public works
contracts with prevailing wage and certified payroll reports as
well as state and/or federal reporting.
- Responsible for all unemployment claims. File and collect
appropriate documentation and communicate with state agency.
- Manage and drive the performance management program in
conjunction with the relevant managers.
- Deal appropriately with sensitive and confidential information
and bring any relevant information to the attention of senior
- Management and guidance for two HR assistants.
- Responsible for all EEOC matters.
- Analytical Decision-Making
- Learning & Development
- Planning & Organizing
- Professionalism & Integrity
- Financial Management
- Risk-Taking/Creative Thinking
- Teamwork & Relationship-Building
- Results Orientation
- Managing OthersEducation and/or Experience
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience in field.
- 5+ years of experience Human Resources, preferably in the
construction industry.Language SkillsAbility to read and interpret
documents such as employment contracts, policy/procedures, labor
law documentation, and other material directly related to
employment and employee relations. Must have the ability to write
routine reports and correspondence as well as be able to speak
effectively before groups of employees of the
organization.Reasoning AbilityMust have the ability to define
problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid
conclusions.Computer SkillsDemonstrated proficiency with MS Excel,
Word, and PowerPoint.Other Requirements
- Experience with HRIS and/or Payroll Software systems
- Experience in Construction Industry
Keywords: Redstone Construction Group Inc., Little Rock , Human Resources Manager, Executive , Little Rock, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!