Senior Director - Quality, Safety, and Risk
Company: DeKalb Health
Location: Little Rock
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Senior Director - Quality, Safety, and Risk, LITTLE ROCK General
Information Job Title: Senior Director - Quality, Safety, and Risk
Location: 8901 CARTI WAY LITTLE ROCK, AR, 72205 United States
Employee Type: Exempt Full Time Job Category: Clinical Description
JOB SUMMARY: The Senior Director Clinical Quality, Safety and Risk
directs the clinical risk management, patient safety/experience and
quality improvement functions. Works with the team to improve the
quality and safety of healthcare delivery including ensuring
regulatory compliance and proactive risk assessment and actions to
prevent or control risks. Fosters cross-functional and system-wide
relationships beyond the departments of quality, infection control,
employee health and patient safety to be successful in a highly
multidisciplinary and complex role. Develops and implements
strategies to improve the experience of patients and their
families. Requirements EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE and
1. Bachelor's Degree required, Master's Degree preferred.
2. Clinical experience required, RN license preferredEXPERIENCE,
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
1. Minimum 7 years of progressive management in a healthcare
environment, including an extensive background in healthcare
operations with specific involvement in quality and patient safety
2. Extensive knowledge of all aspects of clinical operations, as
relate to patient safety and quality, as well as infection control,
risk management, employee health, and regulatory affairs. Summary
JOB SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Oversees all aspects of the quality program, including quality
measurement, improvement and reporting to improve clinical
outcomes, enhance value and minimize patient harm.
2. Develops and implements risk mitigation strategies, quality
improvement programs, and reviews/establishes internal quality
3. Develops and maintains policies that improve patient care,
quality, and safety reducing patient occurrences and other risks.
Recommends ways to eliminate or reduce risk through improved
processes, equipment or other changes.
4. Collaborates with General Counsel and leadership team to ensure
resolution of identified risks.
5. Initiates and oversees the development of a Patient Safety
Program including incident reporting, root cause analyses, sentinel
event reporting, systems design, failure modes and effects
analysis, and proactive staff training and education.
6. Coordinates and oversees data collection, event analysis and
classification and follow up to patient safety events to facilitate
change and improve patient safety outcomes.
7. Collaboratively ensures that organizational patient safety
initiatives are implemented effectively and risk reduction
strategies are in place.
8. Oversees the infection control program and collaborates with
others to improve infection control measures across the
9. Develops and oversees infection control policies and procedures
across the organization consistent with best practice standards and
10. Leads a multi-disciplinary Infection Control Committee
11. Coordinates and oversees data collection as it relates to
infectious disease processes.
12. Educates team members regarding infection control and their
role in protecting themselves and patients from harm during care
13. Educates patients on patient satisfaction survey process and
14. Responds to and investigates patient complaints and concerns
and communicates identified issues to appropriate team members.
15. Uses findings from analysis of trends in complaints and survey
results to mentor team members and departments to develop
appropriate service action plans.
16. Identifies national best practices around patient experience
and supports a culture and standard of care that improves the
17. Oversees continual compliance readiness in providing
accrediting or licensing body reviews and education
Keywords: DeKalb Health, Little Rock , Senior Director - Quality, Safety, and Risk, Executive , Little Rock, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!