Lab Coordinator, Digital Media Specialist, Instructor of Nursing
Company: ASU BEEBE BRANCH
Posted on: February 24, 2021
ARKANSAS STATE UNIVERSITY
Beebe Campus:• Lab Coordinator• Digital Media Specialist•
Maintenance Assistant - Grounds• Student Accounts Coordinator
Searcy Campus: • Instructor Automotive Technology• Instructor of
NursingAA/EOE. Women & Minorities are encouraged to apply
Arkansas State University-Beebe, a comprehensive two-year community
college and part of the Arkansas State University System, is
seeking a Lab Coordinator.
Under direction from academic and administrative staff, performs
skills and technical duties in the operation and maintenance of
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES1. Prep weekly labs by making
needed solutions and bacterial culture media.
2. Set up weekly labs, including setting out models, slides,
supplies, specimen buckets for dissections, chemicals, and other
lab equipment according to the weekly lab schedule. This can
accomplished at Beebe, Searcy, Heber Springs, or at the Little Rock
Air Force Base campus sites.
3. Take down weekly labs, including putting away models, slides,
supplies for dissections, chemicals, and other lab equipment
according to the weekly lab schedule. This can accomplished at
Beebe, Searcy, Heber Springs, or at the Little Rock Air Force Base
4. Clean labs, including wiping down counters and sinks, washing
and putting away any dirty glassware, dissection tools and aprons,
ensuring labs are stocked with paper towels, gloves, soap
dispensers, ensuring proper disposal of used specimens, chemicals,
buckets, boxes and shipping materials.
5. Work with science faculty to order supplies and equipment as
6. Inventory supplies, chemicals, slides, and specimens before,
during, and after each semester.
7. Manage unpacking, labeling, storage of supplies and equipment,
and submitting packing slips.
8. Schedule and oversee annual cleaning and maintenance of
microscopes and possibly handle microscope repairs as needed.
Servicing may also be needed during the semester to ensure fully
9. Report any broken or missing equipment immediately so it can be
repaired or replaced.
10. Manage the proper disposal of biological and chemical wastes at
the end of each semester.
11. Organize the stockroom. Label items, cabinets, and drawers.
Place items in the proper place.
12. Work with faculty to prepare needed written lab materials such
as copies of handouts.
13. Responsible for class safety training material at the beginning
of the semester.
14. Make sure the labs are safe and have updated MSDS. Anything
unsafe will reported immediately to the supervisor.
15. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
Salary Required Qualifications Knowledge and experience in science
laboratories required. College coursework in science laboratories
required. Associate's Degree in a lab science field required.
Preferred Qualifications Bachelor's Degree in a lab science field
Keywords: ASU BEEBE BRANCH, Little Rock , Lab Coordinator, Digital Media Specialist, Instructor of Nursing, Healthcare , Beebe, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!