Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Company: StoneBridge Senior Living Heber Springs
Location: Heber Springs
Posted on: June 24, 2022
SummaryA licensed practical nurse (LPN) is responsible for
providing basic medical attention to patients and assessing their
wellbeing as part of a larger medical team. Their duties include
checking vital signs, recording a patient's medical history and
assisting patients with hygiene. The position requires patience,
compassion, and a desire to care for the elderly in a gentle and
empathetic manner.What Makes StoneBridge Unique?At StoneBridge
Senior Living, being a caregiver is more than our business. We
consider it our privilege, and we are dedicated to both the
individual needs of our residents and to each other.Here we are
more than caregivers. We are family. Each StoneBridge community
becomes a close, welcoming group in which employees help each other
develop skills related to their senior care careers knowing we can
do more together than we could ever do alone. Employees are
encouraged to become the best version of themselves to help us
provide the best possible care for our residents.Responsibilities
and DutiesLicensed Practical Nurses assist medical staff in caring
for patients, ensuring that each resident receives the
comprehensive and personalized care they need. LPNs often have the
following responsibilities:Supervisory responsibilities-
- Supervises nursing care provided by nursing assistants and
others for whom they are administratively or professionally
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organizational policies and applicable laws.
- Supervisory responsibilities include:
- Plans, assigns, and directs work of nursing team members
- Prepares work assignment sheets, taking into consideration
resident safety, the educational. preparation, experience,
knowledge and ability of the persons to whom the assignments are
- Reports staff shortages to nursing management.
- Assists to prepare performance evaluations with the
understanding such evaluations impact tenure of probationary
employees and wage increases of non-probationary employees.
- Participates and communicates employee actions that may result
in reward or discipline.
- Schedules and adjusts lunch and rest breaks according to
resident needs and labor laws.
- Receives and helps resolves employee complaints.
- Monitors and corrects job performance of employees.
- Uses independent judgment and discretion on behalf of the
organization in the performance of these duties.Care and Services
- Coordinates the nursing care of residents on the unit assuring
all residents are assigned a nurse aide capable of providing care
to the resident.
- Provides safe and accurate Medication related interventions to
- Administers and documents medications and treatments according
to each resident's medication schedule using current standards of
medication pass technique.
- Knows the rational for the effect of medications and treatments
and correctly administers same.
- Provides treatments per the physician order including wound
care, urinary catheterization, oxygen care, tracheostomy care,
- Orders and receives medications from the pharmacy.
- Conducts an accurate accounting of all narcotics, signing for
count and exchange of keys to medication carts and medication
- Promptly responds to resident requests for pain intervention
and documents such in the resident record.
- Accurately transcribes and coordinates the implementation of
- Performs nursing assessments regarding the health status of
- Notifies the physician of changes in status and promptly
implements and documents new orders.
- Conducts ongoing and consistent assessments of residents to
avoid unplanned hospital discharges by actively utilizing the
- Develops a plan of care based on assessment, implementing
- Selects and institutes appropriate nursing interventions that
might be required to stabilize a resident's condition and /or
- Contributes to the resident's assessment (MDS/RAPs) and the
development of a plan of care.
- Informs the resident and/or legal representative of incidents
or changes in condition and documents same in chart.
- Collaborates with the resident, members of the healthcare team
and, when appropriate, the resident's legal
representative/significant other in the interest of the president's
- Consults with, utilizes and initiates referrals to appropriate
community agencies and healthcare resources to provide continuity
- Makes resident rounds throughout the shift to assess physical
and emotional status and to initiate any required nursing
- Responds to resident and family concerns promptly; ensures that
each concern is documented, and a resolution is initiated.
- Coordinates admission, discharge and transfer of
- Obtains report from nurse working off going shift, provides
report to nurse coming on duty ad keeps the Director of Nursing or
others as appropriate informed about the status of resident and
- Maintains an accurate 24-hour report and documents changes in
resident conditions and significant issues needed for continuity of
care and safety of residents.
- Monitors and assists with the serving and documentation of
prescribed diets and fluid intake.
- Checks emergency equipment (oxygen and suction) and emergency
medication kit (if application).
- Uses nursing equipment and supplies according to manufacturer's
- Accepts only those nursing assignments that are commensurate
with one's own education preparation, experience, knowledge and
ability; obtains instruction and supervision as necessary when
implementing nursing procedures or practices.
- Follows the policies and procedures of the
facility.Qualifications and Skills
- Must have a current state license to practice as a licensed
practical nurse (LPN). Current CPR certification and additional
certification in nursing specialty desired.
- Demonstrates knowledge of basic nursing practice with an
interest in gerontological nursing. Prefer 2 years' experience in a
long-term care setting.
- Basic computer skills and experience with Electronic Medical
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret, professional journals,
technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to
communicate orally and through written reports and other documents
relating to residents, staff and others. Ability to effectively
present information and respond to questions from groups of
executives, managers, clients, customers, and the public.
- Ability to define and solve problems, collect data, establish
facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive
variety of technical journals and deal with several abstract and
concrete variables.BenefitsWe recognize and support our associates
with benefits, PTO options, and employee recognition. Here, our
support doesn't clock out when you do.Benefits You May Be Eligible
- Vacation, sick time & paid time off
- Health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life & long-term
- Competitive Compensation
- Flexible Scheduling
- Bonus opportunities & recognition
- Up to six paid holidays per year and/or double-time
- Tuition reimbursementJoin Our Caregiver Family!For more than 50
years, our family has been dedicated to caring for others, and we
invite you to reach out with any questions or comments.We welcome
the opportunity to meet you and make you a part of our
family.Together, we're confident we can work together to provide a
spectrum of high-quality care including Rehabilitation, Assisted
Living, Memory Care and Skilled Nursing Care that enhances the
lives of those in our communities.Apply today at
Keywords: StoneBridge Senior Living Heber Springs, Little Rock , Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Healthcare , Heber Springs, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!