Ambulatory Social Worker
Company: Baptist Healthcare System, Inc.
Posted on: June 24, 2022
The Ambulatory Social Worker is a non-clinical social work position
responsible for case management of the Baptist Health patients
attributed to value-based contracts, which includes patients in the
clinically integrated network and accountable care organization, as
well as patients identified with social determinants of health
barriers to care.
The Ambulatory Social Worker is responsible for engaging patients
who have been identified for social work services, developing a
personalized plan of care, ensuring coordination of community
resources, and managing individualized psychosocial and financial
The Ambulatory Social Worker provides emotional support services to
patients and their families, facilitates conversations regarding
Advanced Care Planning, identifies social determinants of health
barriers to care, facilitates community resource networking to
address identified needs, coordinates continuity of patient care
with external healthcare organizations and facilities, and supports
patient self-management of medical and psychosocial care needs.
* An office setting or remote work environment. Adjustable and/or
flexible hours may be required to meet the department needs.
* Minimal travel will be required to clinics in Southern Indiana as
well to designated locations for in-person meetings.
Minimum Education, Training, and Experience Required
* Master's degree in Social Work (MSW) from a school of social work
accredited by the Council on Social Work Education required.
* Current Kentucky license as a Certified Social Worker (CSW) or
current Indiana license as a Licensed Social Worker (LSW)
* For employees working in both Kentucky and Indiana, reciprocal
licensure in nonresident state required within 2 months of
* Certification in Case Management (CCM) preferred. Required to
obtain within 1 year of eligibility.
* Minimum two years of medical social work experience
* Proficient in social work skills related to department needs and
* Self-disciplined, energetic, passionate, innovative
* Must demonstrate strong team work that includes following a
system and protocols to achieve a common goal
* Strong organization skills and well-developed oral and written
* Demonstrates sound judgment, decision making and problem solving
* Able to maintain confidentiality in handling sensitive
information in accordance with practice, state and federal
* Must be able to sit and use a computer for extended periods of
If you would like to be part of a growing family focused on
supporting clinical excellence, teamwork and innovation, we urge
you to apply now!
Employees will be expected to comply with Baptist Health's
infectious disease and vaccination policies, which include but may
not be limited to compliance with BHS' mandatory vaccination
policies for influenza and COVID unless reasonable accommodations
are needed under applicable law
Baptist Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Keywords: Baptist Healthcare System, Inc., Little Rock , Ambulatory Social Worker, Healthcare , Benton, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!