EMT-B / Paramedic Full Time
Location: Little Rock
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job DescriptionParamedics and Emergency Medical Technicians
provide care to emergency and non-emergency patients and maintain
positive working relationship with all customer groups and
agencies. A Paramedic restores and promotes a patient's health by
by providing life support and transport of sick and injured
persons, in and out of hospital settings, as authorized by
established medical protocols or a physician. The EMT assists the
Paramedic in providing care and operates emergency vehicles and
collaborates with emergency medical systems, working to assure the
accomplishment of MEMS' goals. What makes a successful Medic at
- Knowledge of pre-hospital emergency medical protocols,
procedures and treatments
- Familiarity with the service area and the ability to navigate
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of people
- Strong assessment skills and the ability to respond
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Caring, compassionate manner with all patients
- Professional demeanor and desire to work cooperatively with
other first responders
- Current Arkansas certification and National registration
- Certifications in American Heart BLS Level C and ACLS
- At least 1 year experience in EMSWhat's it like to work as an
EMT or a Paramedic?
- MEMS provides coverage around the clock, seven days per week.
Most schedules include 12 or 24 hour shifts on a regularly rotating
basis; other shift options may also be available
- EMT's and Paramedics work outdoors in all kinds of weather
- Physical demands include walking, climbing, kneeling, bending,
running and frequent lifting of 110+ pounds
- Accurate hearing ability and vision that can be corrected to
20/20 are required.
- Respirator use may occasionally be requiredMEMS requires its
employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any
booster shots if required), unless they are approved for a
reasonable accommodation based on medical condition or religious
belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.If you are fully
vaccinated, you will be required to provide proof of your completed
COVID-19 vaccination prior to the first day of your employment.
MEMS is committed to providing a safe and healthful workplace. In
keeping with this commitment, we maintain a drug, alcohol, and
smoke-free working environment. Smoking and tobacco products are
not permitted in our facilities, in our vehicles or on company
grounds. Pre-employment drug testing is required of all candidates.
Employees in safety-sensitive positions, including EMT, Paramedic,
and Emergency Medical Dispatcher, are subject to random drug
screens. Applicants certify that the information provided in this
application is true and complete and understand that intentional
false statements could lead to dismissal as an employee or
rejection as an applicant. Powered by JazzHRqXgbRtXU8x
Keywords: MEMS, Little Rock , EMT-B / Paramedic Full Time, Healthcare , Little Rock, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!