Medical Laboratory Technologist
Company: Arkansas Urology
Location: Little Rock
Posted on: March 17, 2023
The Medical Laboratory Technologist has the responsibility for
performing or initiating the completion of a full range of routine
and emergent procedures in the areas of waived to high complexity
testing. This position performs only those high complexity tests
that are authorized by the laboratory director and require a degree
of skill commensurate with the individual's education, training or
experience, and technical abilities.
- Maintains the quality of specimens by properly collecting
samples, employing appropriate technique in processing
- Recognizes inappropriate specimens and requests new specimens
if determined to be unusable.
- Communicates effectively with patients and other office
personnel regarding specimen collection and transport.
- The incumbent must maintain proficiency in performing all
procedures provided within the laboratory, using defined
methodologies to achieve accurate results. All results are to be
reported in appropriate units according to established
- When handling biological specimens, strict safety precautions
must be observed, and a clean work area must be
- Critical values are communicated to physician or proxy upon
completion of laboratory procedure.
- Instrument problems are recognized, and corrective action is
limited or findings are reported to laboratory manager.
- Absolute integrity in the accurate performance and reporting of
results is maintained. Professional discretion is observed with
- Work is consistently completed within acceptable time limits.
Incumbent must have the ability to organize work during heavy
workload situations in order to expedite results reporting. Must
also be able to perform several tasks simultaneously during peak
workload situations, prioritizing test performance in response to
- Follow the laboratory's procedures for specimen handling and
processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of
patient test results.
- Maintaining records that demonstrate that proficiency testing
samples are tested in the same manner as patient samples.
- Follow the laboratory's established corrective action policies
and procedures whenever test systems are not within the
laboratory's established acceptable levels of performance.
- The established quality assurance policies are followed for all
the laboratory procedures to attest to the reliability of equipment
and the stability of test reagents.
- Adhere to the laboratory's quality control policies, document
all quality control activates, instrument and procedural
calibrations and maintenance performed.
- All out-of-control results are resolved prior to the reporting
of patient results.
- Additional tests are performed to clarify or confirm abnormal
patient results were indicated.
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate
from the laboratory's established performance
- Patients are courteously received in the laboratory in a timely
- Scheduling of appointments follows established
- Testing requirements and collection instructions are
effectively communicated to patients and other appropriate
- Neat, legible written records must be maintained.
- All working supplies are continually replenished. Weekly
inventory of supplies are recorded and additional stock is ordered
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent. Associates degree in Medical
Laboratory Technology or Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology
with 1-2 years of experience in an clinical or analytical
laboratory preferred. Current certification as a Clinical
Laboratory Technician or Medical Laboratory Technician through
ASCP. Current BLS certification.PI207633214
Keywords: Arkansas Urology, Little Rock , Medical Laboratory Technologist, Healthcare , Little Rock, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...