CRNA - University of Arkansas
Company: The Medicus Firm
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Nationally Recognized Teaching Hospital is Seeking: Certified
Registered Nurse Anesthetists
The University of Arkansas has multiple openings for CRNAs to join
a vibrant, growing team.
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique
combination of education, research, and clinical programs that
encourages and supports teamwork and diversity. We champion being a
collaborative health care organization focused on improving patient
care and the lives of Arkansans.
UAMS Offers Fantastic Benefits and Perks:
- Health: Medical, Dental, and Vision plans available for
qualifying staff and family
- Holiday, Vacation, and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using
UAMS pharmacyClinical responsibilities of the CRNA are delineated
by their clinical privileges and may include:
- Perform and document the pre-anesthesia assessment and
evaluation of the patient.
- Review, request, and order (as permitted by state law),
- Obtain informed consent for anesthesia and related
- Select, obtain, order, and administer preanesthetic medication
- Develop and implement an anesthesia care plan.
- Select, obtain, prepare, and use equipment, invasive and
non-invasive monitors, supplies, and drugs for administering
sedation, anesthesia, and pain management services; perform safety
checks as needed.
- Select, order, obtain, and administer analgesic and anesthetic
agents, adjuvant drugs, accessory drugs, fluids, or blood products
necessary to provide anesthesia services.
- Perform all aspects of airway management, including fiberoptic
- Facilitate emergence and recovery from anesthesia by evaluating
patient response, and selecting, ordering, administering
medications, fluids, and ventilator support to maintain patient
stability during transfer.
- Initiate and administer post-anesthesia pharmacological or
fluid support of the cardiovascular system.
- Initiate and administer respiratory support to ensure adequate
ventilation and oxygenation in the post-anesthesia period.
- Evaluate the patient's response to anesthesia and surgery; take
appropriate corrective action during post-anesthesia.
- Provide post-anesthesia follow-up evaluation and care.
- Discharge the patient from the post-anesthesia care unit.
- Implement acute and chronic pain management modalities.
- Manage emergency situations by assessing, stabilizing, and
determining the disposition of patients, including providing airway
management, administering emergency drugs and fluids, and using
basic and advanced cardiac life support techniques.
- Participates in required educational programs.
- Participates in monthly departmental meetings.
- Seeks ongoing professional educational growth.
- Maintains current licensure requirements for CRNAAbout the
Community Little Rock is a pleasantly surprising place to live,
having all of the benefits of a large city with a small town feel.
The people are friendly, and there are plenty of things to do. It
offers affordable housing and gorgeous scenery that spreads as far
as the eye can see. In 2022, Zippia named Arkansas the Best State
for Medical Doctors to Live and Work.
Reference #: CRNA 21536
Keywords: The Medicus Firm, Little Rock , CRNA - University of Arkansas, Healthcare , Mayflower, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...