Company: Harps Food Stores
Location: Little Rock
Posted on: February 16, 2020
PURPOSE STATEMENT: To provide courteous service to customers
through careful bagging and carryout of purchases.
SIGNIFICANT JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- To provide customer service by smiling, greeting and thanking
- To respond to customer questions/requests and explain store
policies in a courteous manner.
- To bag customer purchases quickly insuring that the bags are
not overloaded and the merchandise is not damaged.
- To clean store floors, check lanes, carts, restrooms, parking
lot and cases. Safely use cleaning equipment and chemicals.
- To prevent loss of money and merchandise through removal of
bottom-of-cart items, careful product handling, completion of price
checks on not on file or miss-scanned items and correct
identification of produce.
- To assure the safety of self, customers and co-workers by
understanding and practicing store safety rules and notifying a
supervisor of any potential hazard immediately (water, broken
containers, floor mats).
- To perform miscellaneous tasks assigned by supervisors and
managers, substituting for absent workers and performing any
additional tasks necessary to provide products and services to
customers during peak periods of business.
- To understand the operation, safety requirements and restraints
of bag stands, baler, case cutter, check lanes and intercom
- To move bagged purchases from store to customer car.
- To bring shopping carts into the store from the parking lot so
that NO carts are left on the lot.
- To move recyclable materials, damaged and 'returnable' products
to the backroom, sorting the materials into bins.
- To bring bales and boxes of grocery bags from the backroom to
the front end and refill each bag stand area.
- To remove trash from throughout the store, operating the baler
(for those at least 18 years old) and put the compacted bale on a
- To return merchandise not wanted by customers (go back) to
their location on the shelf.
- To change signs, banners and AD in the front/interior of the
- To assist cashiers by removing bottom-of-cart items.PRODUCTIONS
- Able to bag/carry out purchases without damage to
- Able to bag customer purchases in less than _____ minutes.
- Respond to cashier call for assistance within 30
seconds.SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Bagger/Sacker/Courtesy Clerk's report
directly to the Front End Manager or Store Manager.
- Basic mathematical ability (add, subtract, multiply,
- Able to give/receive complex verbal instructions/descriptions
to/from supervisors/co-workers concerning store policy/procedures
and use of equipment.
- Able to pass basic physical examination and drug screen.
- A stable work and educational history.
- The ability to read and write English. Able to read
instructions, labels, numbers, printed paper and forms.
- Make judgments concerning customer interaction and the bagging
- Able to bag customer purchases so that products will stack
without damage (spatial relationship).
- Good interpersonal communication skills.PREFERRED:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior experience in a related type of job.
- Prior experience operating a baler, case cutter,
cleaning/sanitation equipment and intercom.TASKS OF THE JOB - This
position generally includes:
- To complete grocery/produce price check in aisle, approximately
- To remove bottom-of-cart items, approximately 25 feet.
- To end of check-lane to bag purchases at the checkstand,
approximately 15 feet.
- To return 'go backs' and 'face'/clean/stock shelves,
approximately 75 yards.
- To move from store to customer's car in parking lot and back to
store with carts, approximately 100 yards.
- To move to backroom of store for supplies/product/maintenance
equipment and return, approximately 100 yards.
- Work on tile, asphalt, or concrete for a maximum of 8 hours in
- Unload customer purchases from and to cart/checkstand/car, 10
to 15 lbs. each.
- Move/lift a maximum of 100 lbs. from 6 inches to 48
- Move a maximum of 100 lbs. up to 10 feet.
- Pick up items from floor/case/shelf/cart/bottom of
- Select bags at bag stand and replenish bags.
- Place bags in customer's car.
- Complete cleaning duties at front end, backroom, and in store
- Attain merchandise on the top of grocery shelves, approximately
84 inches from the floor.
- Attain merchandise on the check-lane and cart.
- Clean checkstand/belts/equipment, fill backstand area, and
- Place bags in customer's car.
- Handle paper/plastic bags.
- Handle car door opening/closing handles.
- Grasp and handle wet/cold/hot/crushable store products.
- Grasp shopping cart and maintain equipment.
- Move shopping carts, stocking carts, and cleaning equipment up
to 100 yards.
- Recognize merchandise, bag size, product size, shelf tags,
labels on products, grocery carts, signs, customers, and cars,
- Perceive color difference in produce/grocery items.
- Respond to customer questions and responses.
- Respond to intercom.
- Respond to co-workers questions.
- Communicate with customers (greeting, thank you).
- Answer customer questions and respond to comments.
- Use the intercom system.
- Communicate with co-workers.
- Read labels, signs, tags, AD, numbers, and aisle markers. WORK
- Inside and outside work with variations in
- Exposure to all weather conditions (hot, cold, rain, snow, sun,
ice, and wind).SAFETY:
- The employee will not use drugs or alcohol on the job.
- The employee will not create a direct threat to the health and
safety of others on the job.
Keywords: Harps Food Stores, Little Rock , Utility Clerk, Hospitality & Tourism , Little Rock, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!