Assisted Living Facility Cook
Company: The Manor Assisted Living Community
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Full time experienced Cook needed for our assisted living
facility in Benton, AR. This position prepares and serves meals
according to cycle's menu; monitors methods of food handling,
preparation, meal service and equipment cleaning. The Cook reports
directly to the Dietary Manager. The Manor is an Equal Opportunity
Employer and Drug Free workplace. All of our full-time positions
offer a complete benefit package that includes a full range of
insurance options, flexible spending accounts, 401K, paid holidays,
etc. Medical Benefits start 1st of month following 30 days! Come
join our growing community! Hours are: Thursday & Friday
10:00am-6:30pm Saturday 5:30am-6:30pm Benefits offered:
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or
- Retirement benefits or accounts DUTIES
- Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- In the absence of the Executive Chef, checks and inspects food
products and supplies as delivered. Supervise and assist in storage
of supplies and food products.
- Supervise dietary staff in the absence of the Executive
- Cooperate with inter-departmental personnel, as well as other
community personnel to ensure that dinning services can be
adequately maintained to meet the needs of the residents.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest
and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the
unit and shift.
- Meet with the Executive Chef on a regularly scheduled basis, to
assist in identifying and correcting problem areas, and/or the
improvement of services.
- Report all complaints and grievances made by the resident.
- Be knowledgeable of federal, state, and community's rules,
regulations, policies and procedures.
- Determine amount and type of food and supplies as required for
- Coordinate food preparation and meal service.
- Prepare, season, cook and serve for assigned meal; ensure
appropriate portioned servings according to portion control
- Prepare nutritional snacks for residents as directed by the
Executive Chef. QUALIFICATIONS We seek the following
- The Cook must be a high school graduate or equivalent education
- Preference is given to persons with education in quantity
cooking and therapeutic diets.
- Minimum two (2) years food service experience in a health care
dietary setting is desired.
- Have general knowledge of quantity food preparation and
- Numerical ability is necessary for recipe preparation and
proper measuring of cleaning agents and chemicals, as well as good
motor coordination and manual dexterity are required for various
work routines such as preparing food items, serving trays, handling
soiled dishes, operating dietary equipment and cleaning work
- The Cook will be able and willing to work flexible hours, such
as during an emergency situation and must be patient and tolerant
toward staff, residents, and family members.
- Applicant must be able to pass a criminal background check and
meet all health and state requirements, including TB testing plus
be in good mental and physical condition.
Keywords: The Manor Assisted Living Community, Little Rock , Assisted Living Facility Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Bryant, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!