Talent Acquisition / Recruiter
Location: Little Rock
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Apptegy is an education technology company based in Little Rock,
Arkansas. We work to help school districts build a powerful brand
without adding more work to their teams. School choice programs are
putting a huge amount of pressure on school leaders to market their
schools to prospective families, teaching recruits, and
We have big plans for our People Operations team. We are growing
quickly, yet remain focused on crafting an incredible experience
for our candidates, teams and clients. We value and expect
thoughtfulness and high performance from everyone at Apptegy.
About the role:
The hard part of business is people. We believe culture is the most
important thing we have to get right at this early stage in our
journey. If we get the right people working together in productive
ways, we can do anything. In this role, you'll be helping us do
We are looking for someone that has strong ties to the community in
Central Arkansas and can help us to continue building an
exceptional team. The expectations for this role are high and there
will be many challenging days and weeks. This role is focused on
growing Apptegy's name across the state and universities to attract
professionals and graduates. You will be expected to get more done
in less time, without sacrificing quality.
You understand that no one is perfect, that we all have weak spots,
and you want to master the skill of self-improvement regardless of
You are driven to do amazing work and complete every task to the
best of your ability.
You constantly push yourself to get more done in less time by
attacking your work with intensity.
You ask for help when you need it, own up to your mistakes, and put
the needs of your colleagues above your own ego.
Things you will do:
- Learn Apptegy's approach to all things People Operations
including recruiting, interviewing, hiring, onboarding and
- Have a deep understanding of Apptegy's culture, teams and needs
- Source candidates proactively and build a pipeline of highly
qualified people that supports our growing teams.
- Speak with inbound candidates to assess their potential,
experience and ability to contribute to our work and our culture of
thoughtfulness and high performance.
- Schedule calls and on-site interviews with People Operations &
Department Heads, and eventually lead those events
- Cultivate Apptegy's brand awareness as an exciting and
challenging place to work.
- Engage with local and regional colleges and other organizations
to establish and maintain strong relationships in the
- Represent Apptegy at events within the community and grow our
network of contacts in the Little Rock metro area.
- Share your own ideas about recruiting strategy.
- Keep close tabs on community events and potential opportunities
to pick up top talent.
Nice to have:
- Proven track record of recruiting great people, formally or
informally, that have been successful in their roles.
- Friendships and professional connections across the state and
region that can recommend talented people for our teams, especially
in tech and sales.
- Experience recruiting developers and/or salespeople for a tech
or software company.
- Familiarity with LinkedIn Recruiter, JazzHR, Calendly, and/or
- You have a 4-year college degree, and 3+ years of experience in
recruitment or in a community facing role.
- You have a client-focused mindset and strive to have meaningful
conversations with others.
- You are detail-oriented, highly organized, and able to focus to
- You are calm under pressure and can consistently perform at a
- You are a skilled communicator and enjoy engaging with
- You are extremely self-aware and continually strive to
- You thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
More about Apptegy
Our publishing platform, Thrillshare, makes it easy for schools to
share positive stories with their communities, so they can build
their brand around student success. With Thrillshare, schools
leaders can write a message once, and automatically send updates
their iPhone app, Android app, website, Twitter, and Facebook. They
can even send text messages, and voice calls to their entire
contact list in an emergency.
We believe that with simple technology that is a joy to use, school
districts can thrive in a world of school choice.
What it's like to work at Apptegy
Working at Apptegy is different. For most of our team members,
working here is unlike anything they've experienced. We have an
entire floor to ourselves in the Simmons Building (the tallest in
Arkansas), which other tenants call "the Fun Floor." True to its
name, we have a great time. The office has all the usual perks of a
thriving startup: standing desks, flexible hours, unlimited
vacation, beer in the fridge, the best technology, etc.
Yet, being part of our team is much more than a list of fun perks.
Our most important asset is our culture of thoughtfulness and high
Internally, we look for chances to make each others' days. Noticing
someone needs a pick-me-up, remembering birthdays, and celebrating
others' success all help strengthen our internal bonds. Externally,
we want to amaze people with how much we care about both the
products we build and the services we provide that happens by
noticing and acting on opportunities to value others.
What we are trying to accomplish is hard. While thoughtfulness is
central to how we engage others, a personal ethic of high
performance is needed across the company for us to succeed. High
performance is a major focus in every role across the company.
Salary, benefits, and more reasons you'll love working at
- Competitive salary
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Retirement investment matching
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Work with great people in a fun environment
- Be a part of a team that focuses on culture and cares deeply
about every employee's experience.
Apptegy is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Apptegy, Little Rock , Talent Acquisition / Recruiter, Human Resources , Little Rock, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!