Field Technical Specialist
Company: Gulf States Toyota, Inc.
Location: Little Rock
Posted on: January 16, 2020
The Field Technical Specialist under the leadership of the Manager,
Service Support will support the process to exceed customers'
expectations by developing proactive partnerships with the dealers
that create enhanced buying and service experiences for customers.
The Field Technical Specialist responsibilities will include (1)
Provide technical support, to include assistance to customers,
dealers, TMNA and other GST groups or associated entities. (2)
Provide a proactive technical assistance reporting process that
enables GST and dealers to identify and correct areas that
negatively affect the dealer's ability to diagnose and repair
vehicles right the first time. (3) Gather technical information for
GST and TMNA technical reporting; includes technical reporting
(dealers and GST), product problem identification, technical video
conferences and support of TMC/TMNA/GST initiatives. (4) Assist in
manual parts allocation system. (5) Foster and promote the use of
Technical Information System (TIS) and the TAS System. (6) Manage
TMNA RAS/Goodwill support to assigned dealers.
Other duties as assigned.
- Reliable, consistent attendance is a requirement. This position
requires you to be punctual and dependable in order to meet the
needs of the business; including attending and participating in
meetings and presentations.
- Fulfill technical support needs to assigned districts in a
courteous, positive and timely manner.
- Assist in implementing technical support action plans and
programs to assigned Area/Districts.
- Provide technical assistance and then address the root because
that generated the support need.
- Assist in programs that address the base reasons for technical
- Coordinate all technical service actions with dealers, TMC, TMNA,
GST and associated entities.
- Coordinate technical and customer support to the Customer
Relations group. To include vehicle diagnosis and repair,
arbitration/legal support, vehicle inspections, and other related
- Support factory design and process improvement through failure
analysis and technical reporting which qualifies and quantifies
existing and emerging product concerns or product
content/characteristics that do not meet customer expectations.
- Provide accurate and timely reports to GST and TMNA
- Coordinate Technical Service Support/Training meetings for
- Fully coordinate and communicate technical information and
activities with dealers, GST and TMNA.
- Coordinate LIO/DIO technical inspections, diagnostics, resource
material review and quality assurance.
- Support the Technical Information System (TIS).
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or
university; plus 5 to 8 years related experience and/or training;
or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrate leadership, team building, action planning, and
- Is able to promote, coordinate, and support change.
- Is customer and dealer focused; assist dealers to exceed customer
- Is able to communicate effectively- orally and in writing.
- Demonstrate problem solving and decision making skills.
- Understand GST and TMNA legal and financial liabilities.
- Demonstrate excellent technical analysis and diagnostic
- Ability to build relationships with dealer personnel at all
- Business Insight
- Customer Focus
- Manages Complexity
- Action Oriented
- Plans and Aligns
- Drives Results
- Ensures Accountability
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Communicates Effectively
- Organizational Savvy
- Demonstrates Self Awareness
- Nimble Learning
- Being Resilient
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations: *
ASE certified as a Master Technician plus L1 and L3 Certification
Master Toyota Technician Certification required
Valid driver's license required
The physical requirements described here are representative of
those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the
essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of the
job, the associate is required on a daily basis to analyze and
interpret data, communicate, and remain in a stationary position
for a significant amount of the work day; and frequently access,
input, and retrieve information from the computer and other office
productivity devices. The associate is regularly required to move
about the office and around the corporate campus. The associate is
frequently required to travel to other sites, including
out-of-state, where applicable, for business purposes. A large
amount of this travel involves driving a company vehicle. The
associate must frequently move up to 25 pounds and occasionally
move up to 100 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an associate encounters while performing
the essential functions of this job. The job requires significant
domestic travel (up to 80% of the time). As a result, the duties
for this position occur in various places including, but not
limited to an office environment, car dealerships, and
semi-industrial settings. The associate will regularly be exposed
to wet and/or humid conditions, areas in which moving mechanical
parts, fumes, toxic or caustic chemicals are present, and outside
weather conditions. The noise level for this position will vary and
the associate may be exposed to loud noise levels.
- Is legally able to work in the United States.
Gulf States Toyota is an equal opportunity employer and maintains
drug-free workplaces by conducting pre-employment drug testing.
Only those eligible to legally work in the United States will be
Keywords: Gulf States Toyota, Inc., Little Rock , Field Technical Specialist, IT / Software / Systems , Little Rock, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!