Infrastructure Enterprise Scrum Master
Location: Little Rock
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Leads Enterprise Infrastructure Delivery Teams by facilitating the
Agile process, ensuring Agile teams are accountable for the success
of their project or BAU work effort. Strives to keep their teams
productive and takes ownership of that productivity by building
high-performing teams. Has difficult conversations with team
members who aren't performing. Looks to constantly improve team's
process and motivate the team as much as possible to ensure they
are delivering value. Provides visibility into a team's
impediments, risks, and any other struggles so adjustments can be
made at the program level to accomplish desired results.
- Manages multiple Agile teams - acts as the leader and catalyst
of the teams, that consist of resources across the enterprise
needed to deliver on prioritized projects and BAU work efforts.
Understands and practices servant leadership, putting needs of
others first, and helps people develop and perform as highly as
- Manages the team's activities to ensure timely completion of
tasks. Removes team impediments. Identifies and communicates
potential risks to the completion of the sprints and releases,
including resource, cost, and system. Independently develops
corrective actions necessary to mitigate most issues and reviews
with management for confirmation prior to execution.
- Facilitates project kick-off and review, release planning,
sprint planning, daily stand-up meetings, sprint reviews and demos,
and retrospectives for Agile teams. Presents in a variety of
informal settings: one-on-one, small groups, with peers and
functional managers. Presents to Director level and below.
- Ensures Agile team members have the information they need to be
successful (decisions, constraints, risks, assumptions, status).
Assesses strengths and development needs of team members and works
with functional to coach individual team members.
- Understands how to leverage Agile methodologies to maximize the
productivity of the team and achieve commitments.
- Builds an accurate release plan that sets a realistic and
predictable timeline for key project deliverables. Assists in
identifying cross-program/portfolio dependencies, tracks and
- Understands the estimated cost of the project and financial
impact of the work, including expense vs capital. Responsible for
managing project costs, including understanding cost variance
throughout life of project to ensure team stays within budget.
Understands and manages to project ROI and proposed changed in
direction (including cancellation), if appropriate.
- Measures the quality of work that teams are producing through a
variety of metrics and identifies trends used to improve team's
velocity and throughput. Works with functional managers to
recognize inefficiencies and create improvement plan with team.
Independently recognizes and works with team on inefficiencies and
process improvements needed.
- Creates and delivers project updates at Program Meetings;
manages these updates as a benchmark of the team's success
including project status, exceptions, dependencies, risks, delays,
and project financial health, explaining all variances. In addition
to accurately informing key stakeholders, these updates must be
leveraged to influence, drive decisions and create an overall
positive impression of the Agile team.
- Provides a highly collaborative environment using servant
leadership and conducts agility health assessments to ensure the
health and growth of the team. Facilitates management
retrospectives to display the health of the team and team's
success. Creates a supportive work environment by demonstrating
trust, confidence, and commitment to team members.
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field (Computer Science, IT,
Business, etc.), or equivalent work experience - Preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) - Preferred
- Demonstrates solid project management skills
- 5 years of experience leading a project team
- Working knowledge of Infrastructure environments
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Has a flexible approach to change; is able to work effectively
in a variety of situations; constantly seeks improvement and is
Keywords: Paychex, Little Rock , Infrastructure Enterprise Scrum Master, IT / Software / Systems , Little Rock, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!