If you are unable to complete this application due to a
disability, contact this employer to ask for an accommodation or an
alternative application process.
Director of Lending - Little Rock, AR Regular Full-Time Little
Rock, AR, US
30+ days ago Requisition ID: 1769
Why work for Southern Bancorp? Southern is a different kind of
bank and a Certified B Corporation. Southern focuses on
under-served communities and is a public policy advocate to help
families and communities grow stronger. We are wealth builders for
Want to learn more about Southern Bancorp? click
Stay on this page to apply
Company: Southern Bancorp Community Partners
Position: Director of Lending
Location: Little Rock, AR
Primary responsibilities will include managing operations and
impact of the loan fund, identifying project opportunities;
providing technical assistance to local borrowers; initial vetting
of projects and financing needs; and developing key relationships
and partnerships with public and private leaders in local markets.
The position may require travel for business development, meetings,
trainings and conferences
• Works with the President, Director of Finance, and Chief
Development Officer to develop a strategic approach to support
the growth and impact of lending.
• Builds a pipeline of projects for to invest in small
businesses,consumer financial health, affordable housing,
commercial developments and economic infrastructure with the
primary goal of generating loan activity for
the SBCP loan fund and other SBCP-managed loan pools to meet
agreed-upon lending and impact goals.
• Provides technical assistance and identifying appropriate
resources as needed. This includes assessing project
and financing requests, developing financing strategies and
helping partners access other forms of capital including
philanthropic contributions and/or public subsidies.
• Serves as underwriter, including working with borrowers to
structure transactions, conducting due diligence and financial
analyses, drafting credit memoranda and presenting loan
recommendations as applicable.
• Manages relationships with strategic partners, including
for-profit and non-profit financial institutions and local,
and national governmental subsidy programs that could support
potential permanent financing structures
for SBCP borrowers
• Ensures integration and alignment of development activities
and financing pipeline with the strategic direction and
goals of Southern.
• Performs all other tasks as required
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and
experience related to responsibilities
• Minimum of at least five (5) years of relevant experience in
lending, finance, community development or related field.
• Knowledge of financing products
• Ability to evaluate financial statements.
• Ability to identify financing opportunities and to creatively
• Capacity to work on multiple tasks and projects, prioritize
workload, and be solution-oriented.
• Ability to work collaboratively with others and demonstrate
flexibility and poise in dealing
with a diverse range of individuals and organizations.
• Excellent writing and verbal communication skills are
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, particularly Microsoft
• Must be able to travel as required including some overnight
• Valid driver's license may be required
Physical Demand & Work Environment:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit, to talk, and to hear.
• The employee must occasionally stand and walk; reach with
hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close and color
• The employee may be required to lift or move up to
10 pounds occasionally.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Southern is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, status as a
protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified
individual with disability.