The ICU at St. Vincent North cares for the most complex patients
with neurological disorders including patients with subarachnoid
hemorrhages, intracerebral hemorrhages, simple and complex
aneurysms, arteriovenous malformations, ischemic strokes, brain and
spinal tumors, seizure disorders, and spinal disorders.
At St. Vincent North the nurses work alongside top ranked
Neurosurgeons in an internationally recognized center for
neurosurgery. The ICU is a fast-paced, highly specialized unit
composed of dedicated critical care nurses committed to excellence
in neurosciences. The ICU strongly supports nurses by providing
them with essential skills to be successful in this extraordinary
environment. The unit offers a variety of advanced neurological
monitoring techniques and innovative interventions that allow for
the best possible outcome for the patients.
You appreciate that you will rarely have the same day twice and
you thrive in a fast-paced clinical environment. Your documentation
and communication is thorough, adding value to the whole nursing
team. You position your teammate to do his, her, or their best work
benefiting your shared patients by ensuring a smooth transition at
shift change when you give a report.
You have a talent for planning and coordinating which patients
and their loved ones appreciate. You have the ability to think
critically, creatively, and unconventionally when necessary.
Project management is a natural talent as you will coordinate care
between multiple patients while keeping your entire healthcare team
on track with shared goals.
CHI St Vincent provides you with the same level of care you
provide for others. We care about our employees well-being and
offer benefits that complement work/life balance.
We are offering a sign on bonus up to $30,000, depending on
experience and unit. We also offer relocation assistance.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and
- Adoption Assistance
- Free Premium Membership to Care.com with preloaded credits for
children and/or dependent adults
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
- Wellness Programs
Whether you are an experienced RN 'who's seen it all' or a nurse
working toward that, we invite you to join CHI St Vincent today and
experience critical care nursing with us!
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment while
delivering quality patient care
- Collect, read, and interpret assigned patient's health
- Create and implement care plans in collaboration with other
care team members
- Administer medications to patients and educate caregivers when
- Diploma in Nursing from accredited nursing program or
Associates Degree in Nursing required
- Active Registered Nurse Licensure in Arkansas or eNLC licensure
with multistate privileges in good standing with the Arkansas Board
of Nursing. License must be unencumbered.
- 6 months of nursing experience required (New graduates would
need to complete a residency program before consideration for this
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Previous nursing experience in neuroscience or acute care
related skills: icu, intensive care unit, critical care, neuro
nurse, vital signs, IVs, feeding tubes, catheters, foley, oxygen
tanks (o2), medication, pharmacology, admissions, discharge,
electronic medical records (emr), charting, medical history,
caloric intake, output, project management, coordination, follow
up, rounding, reconciliation, wound care, dressing change,
bandages, sutures, staples, ulcers, acute care, staff nurse. job,
nursing jobs, rn jobs, acute care hospitals, nursing care,