Job Family Group:
Bold. Energetic. Ingenious. Genuine. These qualities best
describe employees who work for Ingevity. We believe it takes
extraordinary people to create extraordinary results.
At Ingevity, we harness the bold spirit, innate curiosity and
remarkable ingenuity of our people to develop innovations that
purify, protect and enhance the world around us. Our products
enable oil to flow better, crops to grow fuller, roads last longer,
and ensure that the air we all breathe is cleaner.
Already a leader in markets in which we compete, we leverage our
deep technical expertise and knowledge of our customers' industries
to turn complex challenges into powerful possibilities and
value-added solutions. We prize creativity and imagination and
we're always looking for a better, smarter way of doing things.
We know it takes the right people with the right attitude to
achieve the improbable. People who understand that there is no
challenge too big and no contribution too small. People with the
ability to solve and the commitment to stay the course. People who
work together to create meaningful impact and exponential results,
for our customers and the world around us. Our people are our most
valued asset, and the foundation of our success. Interested? We
thought you might be, and we're so glad!
How you will impact Ingevity:
In Ingevity's Engineering Co-op program, you'll have the unique
opportunity to apply your problem-solving and technical skills to
increase efficiency, reliability and productivity in our
manufacturing environments. You'll have the chance to tackle real
world, value-added projects that support production and project
engineering throughout a plant. In this role, safety and teamwork
are key as you innovate and improve processes and troubleshoot
What will you gain in the Engineering Co-op Program?
- Hands on experience in the chemical industry
- Experience solving complex technical challenges with a diverse
- Developmental and mentorship opportunities with technical and
- Develop invaluable project leadership skills
- Network with industry leaders throughout the organization
- Housing assistance is available for eligible candidates who
would be relocating more than 50 miles from their primary
What you need to succeed:
- Sophomore or Junior level student in pursuit of Bachelor's
degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- Remain in good academic standing in your program of study
throughout the Co-op experience
- Technical aptitude, a hands-on mindset and software proficiency
in MS Word and Excel
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to think critically and get excited about
troubleshooting technical challenges
- Enthusiasm for collaborating and solving problems in a diverse
- Ability to manage, organize and prioritize projects and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the
ability to communicate at all levels
- Shares a sincere commitment to Ingevity's culture of safety,
sustainability and integrity
- This role is not eligible for employment visa sponsorship. The
successful candidate must not now, or in the future, require
sponsorship to work in the US.
- Flexibility to travel: under 5%
Ingevity's Engineering Co-op Program is typically structured
around 2-3 rotations ranging in average length from 3-6 months.
Each Co-op term is separated with an academic term in between.
Candidates who apply should be available for multiple terms and
should consult with their academic advisor on their availability
and ability to participate.
Ingevity is an Equal Opportunity Employer,
Recruiting Agencies: Ingevity does not accept unsolicited
resumes and therefore, will not be responsible for any fees
associated with unsolicited resumes.