Internship - Operations
Posted on: November 22, 2021
SUMMARY Caddell is seeking qualified students for Summer and
Fall 2022 Internship positions. Students are actively enrolled in
Building Science, Construction Management, Civil Engineering or a
related field, with a desire to pursue a Project Manager or
Superintendent career path. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists contracts managers in monitoring construction
correspondence and other tasks. Assists the on-site construction
staff with achievement of corporate deadlines.
- Assists contracts manager in monitoring construction
- Assists on-site construction staff with corporate procedures
and achievement of corporate deadlines.
- Assists with the preparation of financial statements.
- Assists contracts managers with documentation as needed to
answer and respond to governmental agency requests.
- Assists contracts managers with coordinating issues with
- Assists contracts managers with coordinating submittals for
preconstruction plans required for new contracts.
- Assists with training of on-site staff on Caddell's
- Assists contracts managers with monitoring and distributing
design-build submittal packages.
- Assists the construction executives and executive staff as
- Assists in negotiating and preparing change orders, terms and
conditions, and purchase agreements within the parameters of
established procedure for subcontractors and vendors.
- Assists in developing, tracking and negotiating proposals and
change orders for the implementation of contract changes with the
owner and subcontractors.
- Conducts business correspondence and assists in the preparation
of billing/financial reporting.
- Provides technical support for construction efforts including
participation in construction planning. Assists with design
interpretation, application of construction methods, resolution and
documentation of design conflicts and constructability
- Develops, implements, and administers project procedures and
other work controlling documents to support overall
- Interfaces with all departments as required to resolve
problems, ensure quality of construction, project safety etc., in
support of overall project schedule.
- Assists in looking ahead and paying attention to the work flow,
coordinating with superintendents on delivery of materials and
staying on schedule.
- Assists in the maintenance of the project schedule by
completing period schedule updates within required time frames and
identifying any schedule issues. REQUIREMENTS Current enrollment in
four-year degree program in Building Science, Construction
Management, Civil Engineering or a related field. Strong written
and verbal communication skills. Ability to develop a working
knowledge of all applicable Caddell processes and procedures.
Ability to develop strong client relations skills. Excellent
organizational skills. Ability to use Microsoft Office suite,
including Word, Excel and Outlook. ADDITIONAL INFO Caddell
Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer veterans, disability,
and other protected classes under applicable laws and regulations.
ARE YOU THE RIGHT FIT FOR CADDELL? Caddell is looking for people
with strong values and a shared vision for success. Cultural fit is
critical to employee satisfaction and company success. Take a
moment to watch The Caddell Way Culture video, and if you think you
are the right fit, we'd be happy for you to apply!
Keywords: Caddell, Little Rock , Internship - Operations, Other , Alexander, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!