Company: SERRATO CORPORATION
Location: Little Rock
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionPositionCustodianReports ToFacility Maintenance
SupervisorDepartmentFacility MaintenanceFLSA STATUSNon-Exempt -
Full TimePrimary Position ObjectivesPerforms general maintenance,
housekeeping, and landscaping duties on Center building, grounds,
and surrounding areas using environmentally friendly cleaning
products while maintaining a healthier place for students and
staff. Brief Description of Duties
- Clean and sanitize restrooms/bathrooms using established
practices and procedure.
- Clean, dust, and wipe furniture; sweep, mop, or vacuum floors;
empty/clean wastebaskets and trash containers; empty and clean ash
trays and cigarette urns; replace light bulbs; refill restroom
- Assist with the setup of facilities for meetings, classrooms,
conferences, events, etc.
- Strip, clean, buff and apply floor sealer and floor finish to
hard surface floors, vacuum and shampoo carpets.
- Use and maintain assigned power equipment and hand tools;
buffers, auto scrubbers, extractors, high pressure washers, high
speed buffers and vacuums, brooms, mops, and squeegees for the
cleaning and general maintenance of floors, walls, carpets,
- Wash walls and equipment; use ladders when required in work
- Lock and unlock assigned buildings: secure building when
facilities are not in use checking for unlocked doors and windows,
report any unauthorized occupants, turn off lights.
- Follow instructions regarding the use of chemicals and
supplies. Use as directed.
- Perform cleaning and related activities such as removing snow
or debris from sidewalks and stairs in areas within sixteen feet of
buildings using hand-operated tools or small power equipment.
- Move furniture, equipment, supplies and tools on an incidental
- Wash accessible interior and exterior windows. Clean blinds.
Launder cleaning rags and dust mops.
- Attend to emergencies when necessary.
- Attend safety meetings and other related meetings.
- Take classes as required in cleaning methods and techniques,
new products, First Aid, CPR, and working relationships.
- Handle recycling materials.
- Call in work orders.
- Assist in the instruction and supervision of student help.
- Assist with inventory control and security.
- Works toward meeting performance standard goals.
- Follows CDSS plan and Standards of Conduct system.
- Maintains good housekeeping in all areas and complies with
- Complies with all DOL guidelines, OFCCP regulation, Quality
Assurance Plan (QAP) Serrato policies and procedures, Job Corps
notices and bulletins, and Center policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates and abides by Serrato Corporation's core values
and operating principles.
- Models, mentors, monitors appropriate Career Success
- Helps students become more employable through continuous
- Participation in PRH mandated staff training is mandatory.
Failure to participate may result in disciplinary action up to and
- Performs other duties as assigned.Key CompetenciesPerformance
- Presents information both clearly and concisely and regularly
confirms correct interpretation of information.
- Very high standard of communication skills both written and
verbal for the presentation of facts and ideas.
- Shows professional non-verbal body language and actively
listens to others. Organization of Work
- Action oriented. Demonstrates the ability to handle several
projects simultaneously with decision making, flexibility, and
- Implements the key principles of time management, task
allocation and priority assignment in addition to personal
- Shows attention to detail and ability to complete work with the
highest level of accuracy and efficiency.
- Continually seek ways to improve employment service provided
via development of professional skills and personal growth.
- Demonstrates professional interpersonal skills when interacting
with others. Abides by Serrato Corporation's Healthy Workplace
- Acts as team player and builds professional relationships with
coworkers to achieve goals. Qualifications
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Knowledge of cleaning equipment, products, techniques, and
- Attention to detail in the cleanliness and maintenance of
building and center grounds.ExperienceThree to six months of
related experience preferred. EducationHigh school diploma or
equivalent required.Certificates, Licenses, RegistrationsValid
State Driver's License. Physical DemandsThe physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit and stand and walk; to reach with hands and arms
and talk and listen. The employee is occasionally required to sit;
to use hands and fingers to handle or feel; to taste and to smell.
The employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50
pounds. Specific vision capabilities required by this job include
close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision. Physical
stamina is required to handle a full shift of being active and
working on the building.Work EnvironmentThe work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level
can vary from moderate to loud. Benefits Offered
- Paid Short Term / Long Term Disability and basic life
- Health care insurance available (medical, dental, vision,
critical illness, accident, HSA, and FSA)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- 401K & 401K Matching
- Tutiton Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Counseling Service ProgramDisclaimers
- Serrato Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Serrato Corporation conducts background checks and drug
Keywords: SERRATO CORPORATION, Little Rock , Custodian, Other , Little Rock, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!