Company: Arkansas Urology
Location: Little Rock
Posted on: November 26, 2022
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITIONResponsible for processing and
filing of insurance claims, assisting patients with billing
questions,answering business office telephones, correcting and
following up with denied claims for allinsurances. This position
requires someone to review all denials that come through and
research tofind out the reason of denial. This position requires
someone to send in appeals and correct claims.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Assists in processing all insurance claims.
- Pull EOB's (explanation of benefits).
- Evaluate Patient Financial Status.
- Review and verify insurance claims. File paper and electronic
appeals on denied claims.
- Follow up with insurance companies and insure claims are paid.
Work outstanding insurance claims and follow up with insurance
companies for payment.
- Work from EOB's (Including Medicare) and correct any denied
claims in a timely manner. Work miscellaneous claim error reports
given by supervisor.
- Assist patients via phone or in person, in regards to insurance
- Answers inquiries and correspondence from patients and
insurance companies and identify and resolve patient bill
- Review medical records to clarify information and answer
- Resubmit insurance claims that have not yet received a
- Participate in educational activities.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality.
- Work zero pay report to identify posting errors by software
- Manually key claims into the Medicaid system and oversee all
providers diamond plan balances to ensure they don't go over the
- Download all Medicaid RA's intor Laserfiche, help with getting
retro authorizations for Medicaid patients and file Medicaid
Extension of Benefits.
- Help train new front desk employees on insurance and
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
QUALIFICATIONSTo perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCEHigh School
Education or GED. Minimum 1 year medical insurance required.
Medicare and Medicaid claims experience preferred. Knowledge of
basic insurance information, medical billing/collection practices,
basic medical coding and third-party operating procedures and
practices, basic medical terminology and knowledge of insurance
industry a plus.Knowledge:
- Knowledge of basic insurance information.
- Knowledge of medical billing/collection practices.
- Knowledge of basic medical coding and third-party operating
procedures and practices.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
- Knowledge of insurance industry.Skills:
- Skills in establishing and maintaining effective internal and
external working relationships.
- Skills is using computer programs and applications.Abilities:
- Ability to enter accurately data and examine insurance
- Ability to deal courteously with patients, staff and
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly.
- Ability to be a TEAM PLAYER.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with patients, employees and the public.
- Work is performed in an office environment. This position
involves frequent contact with staff, patients and the public. Work
may be stressful at times.
- This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday
through Friday approximately 40 hours with some flexibility on
start and end times. Must be available by phone during clinic hours
Keywords: Arkansas Urology, Little Rock , Insurance Specialist, Other , Little Rock, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!