Volunteer change life
Company: Canine Companions
Location: Little Rock
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Founded in 1975, Canine Companions is a non-profit organization
that enhances the lives of people with disabilities by providing
highly trained service dogs and ongoing support to ensure quality
partnerships. Headquartered in Santa Rosa, CA, Canine Companions is
the largest non-profit provider of service dogs, and is recognized
worldwide for the excellence of its dogs, and the quality and
longevity of the matches it makes between dogs and people. The
result is a life full of increased independence and loving
companionship.Canine Companions is a non-profit organization that
provides expertly trained service dogs to adults, children and
veterans completely free of charge. Help us provide more service
dogs - become a volunteer puppy raiser today! Open your heart and
home to a puppy with a purpose and you can help change lives.Canine
Companions volunteer puppy raisers provide specially-bred puppies a
safe home, teach basic skills, provide socialization opportunities
and give lots of love. Each hour spent caring for a Canine
Companions puppy is vital to its development as a future service
dog. The puppy raising program provides a unique opportunity for
volunteers to assist with our very important mission. If you are
under the age of 18, you must have a parent or legal guardian fill
out the application and you can sign on as a co-applicant.If you
would like more information about becoming a volunteer puppy
raiser, please reach out to the SCR training center at
firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our puppy raising FAQVolunteer puppy
raisers are tasked with
- Providing a safe environment for a puppy
- Working closely with Canine Companions to monitor the puppys
progress and submit monthly reports
- Attending an average of two Canine Companions approved classes
- Teaching the puppy manners and basic commands.
- Providing for the puppys food, veterinary expenses and puppy
classes. You will also be responsible for transporting the dog to
the regional training center at the projected time for professional
- Feeding the puppy a diet recommended by Canine Companions.
- Acquiring and utilizing a kennel or crate for sleeping
- Providing the puppy with age-appropriate socialization
opportunities, such as public outings and veterinary
- Keeping the puppy on a leash at all times, unless supervised in
a securely fenced area.
- Supervising the young puppy throughout the day.
- Agreeing to return the puppy to Canine Companions upon request.
Learn more about Canine Companions at canine.org.This is a
volunteer opportunity provided by VolunteerMatch, in partnership
with LinkedIn for Good.
Keywords: Canine Companions, Little Rock , Volunteer change life, Other , Little Rock, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!