Company: Arkansas Urology
Location: Little Rock
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Description: DescriptionThe Surgery Scheduler is responsible for
scheduling all surgical procedures and ensuring that all
appropriate clinical and insurance coding information is collected.
Schedulers receive requests to schedule procedures from the
physician offices and schedules the procedure according to the
established guidelines. Schedulers provide accurate information and
maintains open communication with hospitals, surgical centers,
physician offices and patients regarding schedules and/or schedule
- Coordinates and schedules surgeries, pre-operative testing and
follow-up appointments as designated by physician.
- Books surgeries based on physician volume maintaining
appropriate standard turn-around times.
- Identifies scheduling barriers and implement solutions to
improve scheduling results based on predetermined goals.
- Follow established surgery center/hospital precautions and
procedures when scheduling surgeries.
- Ensures all paperwork needed for surgery is received by
- Work with insurance companies to get prior authorizations for
- Interacts with patients, physicians and other staff both within
the clinic and outside facilities providing accurate, timely and
- Coordinates processes and routes all paperwork as required to
meet physician and facility requirements.
- Ensure efficient telephone communication.
- Documents work processes as required.
- Must be able to recognize and respond appropriately to
urgent/emergent situations per protocols.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with
physicians, staff, and management.
- Adhere to policies regarding safety, confidentiality and HIPPA
guidelines.QUALIFICATIONSTo perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. EDUCATION AND
EXPERIENCEHigh School diploma or GED. 1+ years of surgical
scheduling experience is required. Knowledge of medical terminology
and familiarity with medical diagnostic procedures, health care
billing and authorization is required. Must be able to type 40+ wpm
and possess strong computer skills. Must be highly skilled in
verbal communication, problem solving, prioritization and
organization. Knowledge of HIPPA
Keywords: Arkansas Urology, Little Rock , Surgery Scheduler, Other , Little Rock, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!