BMET APPRENTICE - LITTLE ROCK, AR
Company: Compass Group
Location: Little Rock
Posted on: May 24, 2023
Crothall Healthcare Salary: Crothall Healthcare is a Compass One
Company that provides specialized, high-quality, innovative, and
responsive support services exclusively to the healthcare industry.
Crothall serves many of the Top 100 Hospitals throughout its over
1300 healthcare service teams in 46 states. Crothall has been
recognized as one of Modern Healthcare's Best Places to Work and
Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania since 2013 and Becker's Top 150
Places to Work since 2016. A division of Compass Group USA, we have
more than 26,000 team members. Our core services include:
Environmental Services, Patient Transportation, Laundry & Linen,
Facilities Management, Healthcare Technology Solutions, and
Ambulatory EVS. Learn more at .Job SummarySummary: Performs
reprocessing activities to include decontamination, sterilization,
assembly, case carts, storage and distribution of medical and
surgical supplies and mobile equipment used in the care and
treatment of patients.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cleans, decontaminates, inspects, assembles, sterilizes, and
transports equipment, supplies and instruments.
- Decontaminates the full range of reusable patient care
equipment and medical supplies, including but not limited to
surgical instruments, containers and equipment such as aspirators,
croupettes, oxygen suppliers and small movable equipment using
detergents and disinfecting solutions.
- Cleans, decontaminates, inspects, high level disinfects,
assembles and transports flexible fiberscopes, TEE Probes,
Manometer Probes, Bougies, etc.
- Sterilizes instruments, equipment, surgical linens and supplies
including surgical packs, surgical trays and syringes using steam
or gas sterilizers or disinfects with antiseptic solutions.
- Operates semi-automatic to automatic sterilizing equipment;
operates mechanical decontamination equipment and other related
equipment, e.g., ultra-sonic washers, rinsers/dryers.
- Prepares packages of supplies and instrument trays, needles,
syringes and gloves according to prescribed procedures; wraps,
labels and seals according to established standards.
- Prepares list of contents and affixes list to package or groups
of packages. Uses central system for supplies being processed.
- Gathers used supplies for hospital facilities and/or
departments and return them after sterilization.
- Handles exchange carts for stock items and supplies and
maintains distribution records.
- Reports defective or damaged materials, equipment and supplies
- Maintains cleanliness and upkeep of exchange carts and work
- Maintains cleanliness of sterilizers, washers and other
department equipment as scheduled.
- Performs quality and performance testing on all sterilizers,
washers and HLD equipment.
- Uses tracking software to track all instrumentation and
equipment, as well as keep all sterilization records accurate.
- Tests all powered surgical equipment prior to sterilization
using power unit or nitrogen tanks.
- Performs leak tests on all flexible endoscopes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Qualifications:
- Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) Certification
- Flexible Endoscope Reprocessor (CFER) Certification
- Associates Degree in related Healthcare field preferred.
College level courses/related experience may substitute.
- Ability to push, pull, and lift greater than 50 pounds.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.Apply to
Crothall today!Crothall is a member of Compass Group USACompass
Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are
committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on
their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to
race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected
by law.Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential
functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a
reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not
necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities,
skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While
this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position
posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the
essential functions of the job based on business necessity. We will
consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those
with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a
manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local
laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for
Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the
New York Fair Chance Act. We encourage applicants with a criminal
history (and driving history) to apply.Crothall maintains a
drug-free workplace.Associates at Crothallare offered many
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Flexible Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)Req ID:1187295Crothall
Keywords: Compass Group, Little Rock , BMET APPRENTICE - LITTLE ROCK, AR, Other , Little Rock, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...