Company: Little Rock Job Corps Center
Location: Little Rock
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Position Residential Advisor Reports To Senior Residential
Advisor Department Social Development FLSA STATUSNon-Exempt - Full
Time Primary Position Objectives Responsible for a paraprofessional
level of student support and performance duties necessary for an
orderly operation of the dormitory program. - Responsible for the
supervision of students to ensure a safe and secure environment.
Must be available to work any shift and day of the week due to a
24/7 operation. Brief Description of Duties
- Ensures orderly, clean living conditions by scheduling and
supervising clean up and submitting repair requests.
- Provides supervision for the cafeteria, laundry, special
activities (on and off Center) and other areas of the program as
scheduled or assigned.
- Identifies and assists students in handling special problems
and conducts dormitory meetings.
- Maintains communication with students' counselors, instructors,
and with other staff members.
- Attends staff in-service training sessions and other training
or meetings as directed.
- Establishes a close working relationship with students, dealing
justly and impartially regardless of their ability, achievement or
background, and works to motivate them toward goals.
- Initiates and directs dormitory programs, utilizing Center
services and activities to benefit students.
- Follows all non-health standing orders.
- Transports students to various activities and events as
- Maintains an environment wherein students and staff feel safe
- Maintains logbooks as directed and authorized that show
activity during shift.
- Ensures case notes and other entries in CIS are accurate and
- Secures students personal property/items when a student is
absent for 24 hours; all items are to be placed in property and
- Submits time sheets according to Residential Living Supervisor.
--- Assists and trains student leaders per center policy.
- Participates in intramural programs.
- Ensures students meet their evening schedule.
- Provides support for safety and security on center.
- Ensures that buildings are secure and clean at all times.
- Conducts periodic checks and maintains order and discipline in
his/her assigned dorm.
- Works towards meeting performance center goals.
- Follows the CDSS plan and Code of Conduct system daily.
- Complies with all DOL guidelines, OFCCP regulation, Quality
Assurance Plan (QAP) Serrato policies and procedures, Job Corps
notices and bulletins, and Center policies and procedures.
- Adheres to required property control policies and
- Maintains good housekeeping in all areas and complies with
- Models, mentors, monitors appropriate Career Success
- Helps students become more employable through continuous
- Participates in PRH mandated staff training. Failure to
participate may result in disciplinary action up to and including
- -Performs other duties as assigned. Key Competencies
Performance Standards/Results Effective Communication
- Presents information both clearly and concisely and regularly
confirms correct interpretation of information.
- Very high standard of communication skills both written and
verbal for the presentation of facts and ideas.
- Shows professional non-verbal body language and actively
listens to others. - Organization of Work
- Action oriented. Demonstrates the ability to handle several
projects simultaneously with decision making, flexibility, and
- Implements the key principles of time management, task
allocation and priority assignment in addition to personal
- Shows attention to detail and ability to complete work with the
highest level of accuracy and efficiency.
- Continually seek ways to improve employment service provided
via development of professional skills and personal growth.
- Demonstrates professional interpersonal skills when interacting
with others. Abides by Serrato Corporation's Healthy Workplace
- Acts as team player and builds professional relationships with
coworkers to achieve goals. Qualifications
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word,
Power Point, Outlook, and Excel.
- Computer literacy with basic computer functions, email,
internet, ans basic programs such as Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional and collaborative
relationships with students.
- Knowledge of residential living and dormitory procedures and
- High level of communication, interpersonal, and organization
skills. Experience Minimum one year working with youth or related
experience and/or training.
Education High school diploma or equivalent is required. -
Associate's Degree in a human services field such as Social Work,
Psychology, Sociology, Counseling, or related fields is preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations Valid State Driver's License.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit;
use hands and fingers to handle or feel; to reach with hands and
arms; and talk and listen. The employee must be able to
occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision
capabilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, and peripheral vision. Work Environment The work
environment characteristics described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. - While performing the duties of this job, the employee
is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise
level can vary from moderate to loud. Benefits Offered
- Paid Short Term / Long Term Disability and basic life
- Health care insurance available (medical, dental, vision,
critical illness, accident, HSA, and FSA)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- 401K -& 401K -Matching
- Tutiton Reimbursement -
- Employee Assistance Counseling Service ProgramDisclaimers
- Serrato Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Serrato Corporation conducts background checks and drug
Keywords: Little Rock Job Corps Center, Little Rock , Residential Advisor, Other , Little Rock, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...