FT Patient Care Tech Nights
Company: Arkansas Surgical Hospital - Physician Owned
Location: Little Rock
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Experience, Training, Knowledge: Requires one (1) year experience
in a hospital setting.
Education: High School Diploma or the equivalent
Certification, Licensure: Current CPR certification; certification
as a Nursing Assistant preferred.
Under the supervision of a registered nurse, performs delegated
tasks and procedures of patient care, involving the physical,
psychological, social, emotional, safety and security needs of the
Reports to: Nurse Coordinator
Essential Job Functions
- Assists in preparing unit, patients' rooms, and patient beds
for receiving patient admission or returning surgical patient
according to established department policies.
- Maintains bed and room in a clean, neat, and comfortable
manner, removing supplies and equipment not in use, placing
furnishings and equipment out of the path to provide a safe, neatly
- Performs delegated procedures including obtaining and recording
vital signs; measures and records intake and outputs and records
weights, collects required specimens; and additional special
procedures as directed.
- Reports any changes observed in condition or behavior of
patient to appropriate nursing personnel.
- Documents care given to patients on appropriate charting
- Responds to patients' and family calls and requests within five
- Describes and/or explains activities and aspects of care to be
performed to the patient and family. Reports patient and family
concerns to the RN. Refers questions requiring advanced knowledge
to the RN.
- Assists with preoperative and postoperative care, such as
positioning patient, lifting and turning patient with proper body
mechanics, applying/utilizing special equipment as necessary and
ambulating the patient as directed.
- Demonstrates the spirit of the philosophy, mission, and values
of the hospital through words and actions and implements them into
departmental processes, programs, and the working environment.
- Applies the principles and values of customer service and
continuous quality improvement while performing day-to-day
activities of the position.
- Maintains and protects confidentiality regarding all aspects of
patient care, personnel and strategic issues. Adheres to
- Maintains positive working relationships and fosters
cooperative work environment. Adheres to the hospital's Guidelines
for Appropriate Conduct in the HR Manual.
- Displays honesty and mutual respect when communicating with
peers and other departments.
- Follows through on problems that may compromise effective job
performance by using appropriate chain of command.
- Utilize concepts of age/developmental stages in interactions
with patients and families.
Requires lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling up to fifty
(50) pounds; stooping, kneeling, and/or crouching; standing and
walking more than 5 hours per day; visual acuity in order to
correctly distinguish skin tone variations, evidence of IV
infiltration, infection, also to read telemetry, blood pressure
gauges, etc.; audio acuity, in order to correctly distinguish
various body sounds, i.e. respiration's, heart sounds, bowel
sounds, also to discern sounds made by various types of machinery
or equipment which would indicate dangerous or improper
Working Conditions/Environmental Exposures
Environmental hazards such as chemicals, solvents, needles, needle
containers, sharps, blood, body fluids, various
infectious/communicable diseases, infectious medical waste,
radiation, and/or radioactive materials and/or radioactive waste,
proximity to moving mechanical parts. Protective clothing/equipment
may be necessary.
THE JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT INTENDED TO BE AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT,
NOR DOES IT DISSOLVE THE "AT WILL" EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP.
Keywords: Arkansas Surgical Hospital - Physician Owned, Little Rock , FT Patient Care Tech Nights, Other , Little Rock, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!