LPN- Batesville Arkansas Clinic (UTEMPS)
Company: University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
Location: Little Rock
Posted on: May 19, 2019
*** THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN BATESVILLE, AR***The Licensed
Practical Nurse (LPN)?provides nursing and primary care services to
assigned patients in the ?Regional Program Clinics.? This includes,
but is not limited to, providing direct patient care by checking
and recording vital signs, assisting providers with minor
surgeries, injections, lab tests and other office procedures.? This
person will document information related to a patient?s present
illness, update medications, family and social history, diagnostic
reports and other pertinent data in the electronic medical
records.? He/she will Prepare, issue and finalize patient
encounters and health summary forms, which are used by the nursing
and physician staff.? This person will schedule special procedures
and physician consultations with appropriate referral information
including prior authorization for commercial insurance, Medicare
and Medicaid.? He/she will maintain good working relationships with
patients, physicians and co-workers.? This person will be required
to float between both clinics (Springdale and Fayetteville).? This
position will require rotation through the night clinic.The
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique
combination of education, research, and clinical programs that
encourages and supports teamwork and diversity.? We champion being
a collaborative health care organization, focused on improving
patient care and the lives of Arkansans.??UAMS offers amazing
benefits and perks:
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for staff
- Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using
UAMS pharmacy.Salary offered commensurate with experience.This is a
provisional position. Provisional positions are funded by external
grants or contracts with established end dates.? When the grant
expires or is not extended, the provisional position will be
eliminated.? Employees in provisional positions may apply for other
positions at UAMS when their provisional position
ends.ResponsibilitiesDIRECT PATIENT CARE DUTIES
- Prepares patients for clinic visits by obtaining vitals and
entering data into the EHR; accompanying patient to assigned exam
room; obtaining patient HPI; updating active problems and
medication lists, and updating allergies and past surgical and
- Communicates brief summary of reason for patient?s visit to
- Gathers and places supplies and instruments appropriate for
anticipated exams and/or procedure, based on stated reason for
appointment or information gleaned during the intake.
- Assists the provider with patient care, to include injections,
EKG?s, spirometry, procedures, dressing changes, wound care,
- Escorts patient to clinic lab or radiology, if needed, and
monitors progress to ensure prompt return to exam room upon
- Enters verbal orders for providers when patient load on
schedule demands additional data entry support.
- Reinforces patient education and instructions at conclusion of
- Assists patient in scheduling follow-up appointments.
- Directs patients to PCT/Referral Coordinator when outgoing
referral is ordered by provider.?
- Works with residents and clinic attending(s) to maintain a
timely flow of patients.
- Exhibits competency with technical skills and EHR
- Exhibits professionalism by maintaining a positive working
relationship with patients, providers and employees.INDIRECT
PATIENT CARE DUTIES
- Refills prescriptions that are received via electronic
transmission, fax, or on the nurses? voice mail or on the dedicated
- Schedules outside procedures and diagnostic tests.
- Completes pre-certifications and prior authorizations.
- Acts as phone triage nurse on assigned rotation.
- Enters referral orders for unlicensed staff members involved in
- Remains cognizant of and maximizes the scope of practice for a
Licensed Practical (or Vocational) Nurse.?
- Contributes to the education of residents and students of
various disciplines as they rotate through the clinic.
- Enhances his/her professional growth and development through
continuing education opportunities.
- Other duties as assignedQualificationsMinimum Qualifications:
- Graduate of an accredited Nursing Program is required.?Valid
LPN License, PLUS two (2) or more years of LPN experience.?
- Excellent communication skills, strong work ethics and
accountability, basic computer skills. Qualifications Preferred:
- Three (3) or more years of nursing experience with current BLS
certification.This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal
background check and drug screen. A criminal conviction or arrest
pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant. Any
criminal history will be evaluated in relationship to job
responsibilities and business necessity.? The information obtained
in these reports will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory
manner consistent with state and federal law.?UAMS is
an?Affirmative Action?and?Equal Opportunity Employer?of individuals
with disabilities and protected veterans and is committed to
Keywords: University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock , LPN- Batesville Arkansas Clinic (UTEMPS), Other , Little Rock, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!