Construction-Splicer - Up to $31/Hour!
Posted on: November 22, 2021
DescriptionWindstream is considered an essential business and we
are HIRING NOW. As our company responds to COVID-19, the safety and
wellbeing of our employees, customers, partners and communities is
our top priority. About Us: Windstream Holdings, Inc. is a leading
provider of advanced network communications and technology
solutions for consumers, small businesses, enterprise organizations
and carrier partners across the U.S. About the Role: As a splicer
on the construction team, you will be responsible for splicing
various sizes of fiber optic and copper cables in both outdoor and
indoor settings. You will read, create and maintain splicing
schematics and diagrams; maintain control of outside plant (OSP)
activities surrounding the assigned work site(s), support project
timelines; maintain the safety of the crew by providing direction
regarding procedures, road safety, manhole safety and general
on-site project oversight attending safety meetings as requested.
You will keep daily records (fiber route details, slack locations,
splice locations and updating drawings), maintain material
inventory and DOT vehicle inspection. There are other tasks related
to OSP construction that will come up at times. The job will
include work on weekends, holidays, standby, unscheduled hours and
overtime. Travel is required and may be over 50% of the year
depending on the business needs. What You'll Do:
- Splice cables using hand tools, epoxy, or mechanical equipment
- Splice fiber optic and copper cables including both loose tube
and ribbon optic cables. Construct a proper splice case, including
but not limited to grounding, bonding, isolation, slack storage and
sealing. Prepare and maintain splicing records, schematics and
- Interpret staking sheets and blueprints.
- Perform work in accordance with industry standards. Be familiar
with RUS standards, read and follow design engineers' instructions
and specifications, maintain the scope of work on the project and
adhere to safety procedures.
- Prepare engineering field notes. Interpret buried underground
and aerial telecom facilities in records, on maps and in the field
with clarity and detail.
- Make recommendations for changes in running line or
- Participate in engineering, permit and construction processes
to support project contracts as required.
- Measure signal strength at utility poles, using electronic test
- Inspect or test lines or cables, recording and analyzing test
results, to assess transmission characteristics and locate faults
- Perform routine maintenance. Recognize and repair route issues
including hand hole cleanup, sign placement, and weed control as
required. IND123QualificationsDo You Have:
- 1 year of copper and/or fiber cable splicing experience.
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions, year-round.
- Ability to work in confined spaces and at heights.
- Ability to work an on-call schedule rotation as well as
days/nights/overnights/weekends/holidays/overtime, as needed.
- Valid driver's license.
- Minimum qualifications to obtain a CDL post-hire.
- Ability to pass DOT certification pre-hire.
- High School Diploma or equivalency
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
- Exceptional time-management and attention to detail to complete
all paperwork accurately and on-time. Even Better:
- 5 or more years of experience, including pole climbing.
- OSHA 10 Hour Safety Course and Buck Squeeze (Pole Climbing
- Proficient at operating various Construction Equipment. Our
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Plans
- 401K Plan
- Health & Flexible Savings Account
- Life and AD&D, Spousal Life, Child Life Insurance
- Educational Assistance Plan
- Identity Theft, Legal, Auto & Home and Pet Insurance
- Job Category: EngineeringLocations: US-Arkansas-Sheridan
Windstream is an equal opportunity employer. At Windstream, we
celebrate the authenticity and uniqueness of our people and their
ideas. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age,
national origin, genetic information, protected veteran status,
current military status, disability, sexual orientation, gender
identity, marital status, creed, citizenship status, or any other
status protected by law, and to give full consideration to
qualified disabled individuals and protected veterans. The diverse
voices of our employees fuel our innovation and our inclusive
culture. Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer,
pre-employment drug testing.
Keywords: Windstream, Little Rock , Construction-Splicer - Up to $31/Hour!, Professions , Sheridan, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!