HVAC Controls Technician - Little Rock, AR
Company: Trane Technologies
Location: Little Rock
Posted on: September 22, 2022
At Trane TechnologiesTM and through our businesses including
Trane and Thermo King , we create innovative climate solutions for
buildings, homes, and transportation that challenge what's possible
for a sustainable world. We're a team that dares to look at the
world's challenges and see impactful possibilities. We believe in a
better future when we uplift others and enable our people to thrive
at work and at home. We boldly go.
Why Trane Is The Best Company for Controls Technicians:
- Trane is recognized worldwide as the brand standard for HVAC
and Building Controls Systems
- Highly competitive and comprehensive total compensation program
including total cash compensation, benefits, holiday and
- Dedicated to a military friendly environment (Veterans are
highly encouraged to apply)
- Unlimited opportunities for career development and
- Determined focus to be the employer of choice in our industry
(we want to be the company where everyone wants to work)
- World Class continuing education, featuring Manufacturer (OEM)
- Company-wide commitment to promoting a strong work/life
- Organizational encouragement of community involvement and
sustainability (green initiatives)
- Late model, clean, and dependable company vehicle, high speed
laptop, and smart phone Job Summary:
In this position you will be installing (commissioning),
troubleshooting, repairing, and programming environmental control
systems. In order to perform your task you will utilize your
knowledge of electronics (board level troubleshooting), direct
digital controls, airflow, hydronics, refrigeration theory, and
building control techniques. This position will also work closely
with our Trane Sales organization along with the Area Contracting
Manager to drive growth and profitability of our local Commercial
HVAC business. In addition, you will help to implement business
strategy and achieve business goals. Other responsibilities include
participation in development of the fulfillment team,
implementation of yearly training schedules, performing safety
audits, scheduling jobs, and project management.
- Responsible for end to end testing, programming, starting up,
commissioning, and servicing on assigned projects.
- Setup the graphical interface and network connections for the
- Represents the company by serving as the direct customer
contact and is responsible for servicing products and equipment on
assigned projects, ensuring customer satisfaction by identifying,
analyzing, diagnosing and repairing equipment and systems at
- Acts as and/or Coordinates with team leader and customer to
precisely understand requirements for all on-site installation and
repairs by extensively examining building layouts, forecasting
issues, gathering materials and synchronizing onsite work.
- Uses a variety of hand tools, interpreting control drawings,
plans, and specifications, to mount, assemble, test, and program
- Analyzes, diagnoses, and repairs direct digital control systems
at customer's location.
- Performs preventative maintenance, site surveys, replacement,
and modifications as needed or requested by customers.
- Prepares for on-site installation and repairs by examining
building layout, anticipating difficulties, gathering materials and
coordinating on-site work, as necessary.
- Maintains assigned stock of inventory, company equipment, and
documents all related activities.
- Keeps current on Trane products concerning installation,
operation, maintenance, service, and repair of direct digital
- Continually enforces safety to the highest standards and
maintains security and accountability of company issued and
procured assets by recording use, wear and conditions.
- Displays team effort and dedication to customer by maintaining
flexibility to work overtime and weeks as the business requires,
including occasional overnight stays. Qualifications:
- A High School Diploma or equivalent experience is required. A
minimum of 5 years of experience in HVAC/Controls or equivalent
combination of education (Technical School) and experience is
- Demonstrated knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and controls
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer hardware and software.
Network/IT experience highly desired
- Previous background in programming, commissioning and startup
of Siemens, Johnson Controls, Honeywell, or Tridium/Niagara based
controls systems highly desired.
- Control integration experience with LON, BacNet, Modbus, OPC,
or XML a plus
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft office software and working
proficiency with hand held computer (i.e. Smartphone, iPad).
- Must possess a valid driver's license for a minimum of 12
months, with no major or frequent traffic violations including, but
not limited to:
- DUI in the previous 5 years
- Hit & Run, License Suspension, Reckless / Careless Driving or
multiple smaller infractions or preventable collisions in the
previous 3 years.
- This position requires working in diverse conditions including
but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms with exposure to
noisy operating equipment, exposure to extreme weather conditions,
precarious places, and risk of electrical shock (high
- This position is highly physical and requires regular use of
hands, fingers, walking, stooping, and kneeling. It requires
employees to regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs, frequently
lift and or move up to 50 lbs and occasionally lift and or move
more than 50 lbs. We offer competitive compensation and
comprehensive benefits and programs. We are an equal opportunity
employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, age,
marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any
legally protected status
Keywords: Trane Technologies, Little Rock , HVAC Controls Technician - Little Rock, AR, Professions , Little Rock, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!