Automation Controls Supervisor
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and
transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail
outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential
link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on
tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates
temperature-controlled warehouses around the world. We have over
16,000 associates and offer a wide variety of career opportunities
- from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting,
administration, business development, customer support,
engineering, transportation, and technology solutions
Work under limited supervision to lead maintaining,
troubleshooting, and controls modifications of mechatronic systems
in a cold storage warehouse environment, to ensure overall
equipment effectiveness (OEE). Be the on-site technical point of
contact for automation and controls. This is a hands-on role with
accountability to problem solve, provide technical support, develop
capability of teams, and the ability to lead project
management/execution of assigned projects. This role will work side
by side, supervise and provide direction to site maintenance teams
in troubleshooting and repair of equipment controls, electrical,
and instrumentation devices/systems.
• Perform work in a safe manner, as well as, keeping equipment
clean and in safe working condition. Comply with all job specific
safety procedures and utilize PPE as required.
• Provide progressive and innovative technical solutions and
recommendations to increase asset availability and reliability of
• Implement industry best practices, technology, tools, and
• Develop and support strategic automation supplier relationships
and performance management for automated equipment to ensure
effectiveness of OEM level support.
• On-site support of new business with automation to ensure the
site is maintaining the automation equipment, spare parts list,
PMs, and firmware/software is updated per OEMs recommendation.
• Analyze maintenance data relating to automation and controls to
identify trends impacting asset and organizational performance;
develops solutions against findings for optimizing reliability and
• Serve as the site subject matter expert in control and automation
technology, electrical, and instrumentation.
• Assist the Facility Service Manager in developing the maintenance
team through mentoring, coaching, encouragement, and development of
formalized training plans.
• Lead advanced troubleshooting and repair of automation control
systems, HMIs, VFDs, servo drives, motor control systems, PLCs, and
• Actively participate in all phases of automation systems life
cycle including design, development, test, installation, startup
• Act as first-level escalation for automation controls support for
the site and appropriately escalate issues that negatively affect
• Perform controls systems assessments to maintain and improve
• Safeguard change management methodology related to control
• Capture and trend metrics to resolve mechatronics problems that
create performance deficiencies.
• Proactively communicate the status of technical issues and
potential variances to aligned upon timelines with leadership,
ensuring resulting impacts to systems and OEE is understood.
• Maintains accurate maintenance records related to control
• Technical liaison for site with Corporate Support Center.
• Some travel required to support other sites or projects as
• Network with Automation Controls Engineers from other sites.
• Answer after hours "call backs" as needed.
• Keeps work area clean and performs housekeeping duties as
• Performs related work and other job assignments as required.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Demonstrate minimum 5 years of experience on industrial
• Must be self-driven with the ability to work independently with
little or no direction or supervision.
• Associates / Bachelor's Degree in Electrical / Automation /
Mechatronics is preferred.
• Advanced electrical and controls troubleshooting ability of
automation control systems: PLC, HMI, hardware, software, their
related equipment, and field devices.
• Rockwell Studio 5000 and Siemens TIA portal required.
Knowledge & Employment Standards:
• Ability to set up, configure, and maintain automated systems
(EtherNet, Profibus, Profinet, Modbus, DeviceNet, and
• Ability to understand, review, and analyze functional
descriptions, instrumentation diagrams, blueprints, and interpret
PLC ladder logic.
• Experience with low and medium voltage distribution systems
(24VDC to 480VDC).
• Maintain excellent and positive working relationship with the
team, with other departments, as well as with all outside vendors,
suppliers, and contractors.
• Demonstrates strong interpersonal communications skills, written
• Prioritization and organizational skills.
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Demonstrates strong decision-making, analytical, troubleshooting,
and problem-solving skills.
• Experience using computerized maintenance management systems
• Ability to work in cold conditions for extended periods of
• Ability to work at high elevations using fall protection.
• Proficiency with MS Windows, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project,
Physical Requirements & Abilities:
• The physical demands described below are representative of those
that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of
the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down
from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements
for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing
• May require travel by automobile and airplane
• May require visiting facility operations in temperatures at or
• May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts,
carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Occasionally works evenings or weekends in order to complete
objectives or to attend meetings
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and
receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without
exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning,
negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and
respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive
Keywords: Americold, Little Rock , Automation Controls Supervisor, Professions , Russellville, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!