Technician - Remington - Night Shifts
Company: Vista Outdoors
Posted on: January 25, 2023
From muskets to modern day, generations of hunters and shooters
have trusted legendary Remington ammunition. Loaded in Lonoke,
Arkansas by American workers, our wide array of pioneering sporting
and hunting ammunition promises to get the job done every time the
trigger is pulled. At Remington Ammunition, we're here for everyone
who loads a round of ammo into a handgun, rifle, or shotgun.
"Working Together to Make it Better" is the phrase we use to
highlight the importance of a team environment. We value and
entrust every one of our members to help influence the business in
the right direction.
As such, our critical Technician individual performs preventative,
routine and minor maintenance on production and support machinery
in assigned area(s). Performs changeovers on production machines
and associated support equipment as required in a timely manner.
Assists Production Associates when required. Follows oral and
written instructions, wears protective equipment where and when
directed and obeys all plant and safety rules and regulations.
Supports the facility's mission, safety and ISO goals and
directives and is an active participant of the Remington Team.
Principal Duties and Accountabilities
* Works in a safe and orderly manner at all times. Obeys plant,
department and area rules and regulations and proactively
encourages other team members to do so.
* Obtains, maintains and wears or uses all necessary safety
equipment as directed by work instructions and area supervisor.
* Attends shift, department and plant meetings in a timely manner
as directed by supervisor.
* Performs changeovers in a timely manner on machines and
associated support equipment as directed by area supervisor.
* Troubleshoots and performs light maintenance on malfunctioning
* Performs routine and preventative maintenance on production
machinery and associated support equipment on a scheduled or 'as
* Assists Project, Process and R&D Engineers in developing and
troubleshooting new and revised products and processes as
* Acts as a mentor to Operators and Technicians in training to
ensure process integrity and that 'best practices' are being
* Hazardous Waste Management training must be completed within six
months of entering the job and annually each year thereafter. All
employees handling hazardous waste must work under direct
supervision of a supervisor or other employee trained in hazardous
waste management until the employee has received Hazardous Waste
* NOTE: This list presents only the principal duties of the
position and is not intended to be comprehensive. Other duties and
responsibilities may be assigned as dictated by the business needs
and conditions. As an essential function of the job, good
attendance is required. Overtime, including working extended shift
hours and/or during scheduled days off, may be required.
Educational Skills and Experience
* High School diploma, G.E.D. certificate or recognized
* Ability to speak, read and write in the English language
sufficient enough to perform the following:
* Communicate effectively with other team members and
* Read and comprehend process instructions
* Record pertinent process information as required
* Minimum of one year of verifiable experience with same or similar
manufacturing equipment and tasks as those in place in assigned
* Must pass the company's standard mechanical aptitude evaluation
* Must possess basic personal computer skills sufficient enough to
navigate menus and select, open and print documents.
* The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable challenged individuals to perform the essential
functions provided this accommodation does not adversely affect
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; extreme heat;
explosives and vibration. Eye protection in the form of approved
safety glasses with side shields or approved safety goggles is
required. Approved steel-toe safety shoes are required. The
employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions;
toxic or caustic chemicals and extreme cold. The noise level in the
work environment is usually loud and requires hearing protection to
be worn in the work area.
* Vision correctable to 20/20 with normal depth perception and
* Ability to repeatedly lift and move up to 25 lbs. unaided
* Ability to push a loaded production buggy weighing as much as
* Ability to stand or sit for up to 3 hours at a time
* Ability to occasionally kneel, crouch, bend or extend reach as
required to perform tasks
* Ability to ascend and descend stairs
* Ability to grasp and feel small parts
Note: One or more of the Physical Demands may be waived to enable
challenged individuals the opportunity of employment provided this
accommodation does not adversely affect other employees.
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits
including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life
insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, gear discounts and the
ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Our Postings are not intended for distribution to or use in any
jurisdiction, country or territory where such distribution or use
would violate local law or would subject us to any regulations in
another jurisdiction, country or territory. We reserve the right to
limit our Postings in any jurisdiction, country or territory.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected
At this time, Vista Outdoor is closely monitoring the developments
on the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
COVID-19 workplace rule regarding COVID-19 vaccination or testing.
You will not be asked any questions regarding these items during
Keywords: Vista Outdoors, Little Rock , Technician - Remington - Night Shifts, Professions , Lonoke, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!