Automation Maintenance Tech 1
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and
transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail
outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential
link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on
tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates
temperature-controlled warehouses around the world. We have over
16,000 associates and offer a wide variety of career opportunities
- from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting,
administration, business development, customer support,
engineering, transportation, and technology solutions
Works under direct supervision performing maintenance and repairs
on automated storage and retrieval system (ASRS) equipment in a
cold storage warehouse environment.
• Performs basic preventive maintenance and corrective repairs on
ASRS pallet handling equipment: high bay cranes, low bay cranes,
trolleys, conveyors, elevators, turntables, stretch film wrappers,
• Maintains accurate preventive maintenance records.
• Answer after hours "call backs" as needed.
• Keeps work area clean and performs housekeeping duties as
• Performs related work and other job assignments as required.
Qualifications & Experience:
• One (1) year maintenance experience on ASRS systems or equivalent
• Understands principles of lubrication, power transmission (i.e.,
sprockets, chains, belts, drives, clutches), hydraulics, and
• Understands electrical safety including arc flash.
• Knowledge of 3-phase electrical systems.
• Understands principles of automation and controls (i.e.,
controllers, inputs/outputs, sensors, photoeyes, motors).
• Experience using Lockout Tagout (LOTO) procedures and
• Experience using computerized maintenance management systems
(CMMS). Knowledge of SAP PM preferred.
• Strong communication skills.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Successfully completed RETA courses is a plus.
• Successfully completed HAZMAT Responder training is a plus.
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions, as well as
interpret pencil sketches and electrical diagrams.
Physical Requirements & Abilities:
The physical demands described below are representative of those
that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of
the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job
• May be required to tolerate working environment with inside
controlled temperatures of -15 degrees Fahrenheit and outside
ambient temperatures (including heat, cold and precipitation)
• Must tolerate heights up to 35 ft. and be able to access elevated
platforms and catwalks
• Must be able to climb ladders and stairs
• Frequently required to stand; walk; push; pull; reach with hands
and arms; stoop; kneel; and crouch
• Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
• Must be able to use hand and power tools
• Must be able to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, and/or
manipulate parts & tools
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception. Either
naturally or with the aid of eye glasses
• Able to work nights and weekends
• Able to pass a physical and respiratory exam
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.
Keywords: Americold, Little Rock , Automation Maintenance Tech 1, Professions , Russellville, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!