Inside Sales Representative
Location: Little Rock
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Nelnet is a student loan servicer that's grown into a real
estate investor and software provider. But that's just the
beginning. With 7,500 associates and growing, we take our business
wherever superior customer experiences and ingenuity are
The perks of working at Nelnet go beyond our benefits package. When
you join the Nelnet team, you're part of a community invested in
the success of each individual. That support comes through in our
work, as we are united by our mission of creating opportunities for
people where they live, learn, and work.
The Inside Sales Representative I's primary focus is to either
retain or re-establish relationships with existing customers and to
acquire new customers through a consultative sales and relationship
building approach, using excellent customer service. This position
has minimal travel with most communication occurring via phone,
e-mail, internet-based demonstrations/meetings, etc. This position
may work in more than one market and sells Nelnet Community
Engagement peripheral and value-added products along with some
sales and lead generation of flagship products to smaller
1. Close deals in a highly competitive, consultative selling
2. Up-sell to existing customers through education and providing
additional product knowledge of software and services or new
products and services.
3. Collaborate independently with other departments (Operations,
Marketing, Field Sales) to deliver insights and work as a team to
secure new large clients.
4. Draft proposals and contracts for targeted prospects or existing
5. Provide expertise and advice while becoming a trusted advisor to
prospects and current customers regarding product and service
6. Share needs, issues, and ideas gathered from current and
prospective customers to improve current products/services or to
assist in potentially developing new products/services.
7. Use SalesForce CRM to maintain records of contacts, accounts,
leads, opportunities, activities, and regularly provide updates and
report generation to leadership.
8. Provide insight to marketing and growth teams to generate
qualified sales leads.
9. Forecast and prepare sales plans to achieve sales goals.
Colorado candidates pay range for this role: $50,000-$55,000
Bachelor's Degree in business, communications, marketing or a
related field or a combination of education and related
1. 1-3 years of experience creating/maintaining business
relationships via telephone phone.
2. Customer service and call center experience a plus.
3. Proven track record of high performance and achieving goals.
4. Experience presenting via the web and in-person to both small
and large groups.
5. Experience in education technology and software, as a service,
sales a plus.
**COMPETENCIES - SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:**
1. A strong team player.
2. Willingness to engage in direct sales and outbound
3. Strong follow-up skills, high self-motivation, and commitment to
4. Ability to quickly establish rapport with customers and maintain
5. Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal
skills while displaying a high energy level and positive
6. Comfort in initiating business conversations with decision
7. Ability to Identify and develop strategies to overcome obstacles
in the prospect's or current customer's decision making
8. Ability to build a strong pipeline, close new business, and
expand relationships with new and existing customers.
9. Self-driven with excellent time management and organizational
skills and the ability to take direction well.
10. Strong computer skills including sales software, presentation
software, communications applications, and MS Office applications
(Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA,
generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life
insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program,
employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement,
performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability,
and a robust wellness program. Click here to learn more about our
benefits: LINK (http://nelnetinc.com/careers/benefits/) .
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive
Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified
applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during
employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national
origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a
guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran
status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or
Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable
accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet
may request such accommodations by contacting Corporate Recruiting
at 402-486-5725 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.
Keywords: Nelnet, Little Rock , Inside Sales Representative, Sales , Little Rock, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!