Assistant Chief Financial Officer (ACFO) General Summary of
• Participates as a member of the Senior Management Team in the
financial and functional decision making processes necessary for
the successful attainment of the hospital’s mission and/or
• Ensures the hospital meets regulatory and compliance
• Provides direction, leadership, and educational needs to
• Provides financial expertise in the planning of new services
and the expansion of existing services promoting revenue
• Participating in the hospital's monthly operation reviews as
well as participating in corporate office and Division meetings as
• Assumes a lead role in analyzing and exploring means of
reducing costs including participation in performance improvement
activities and committees.
• Participates in the oversight of the functions of the
Accounting Department to ensure completion of work in specified
time frames according to departmental, division or corporate
• Select, train and evaluate performance of the Accounting
personnel to ensure quality of service and technical expertise.
• Oversees the coordination and timely completion of month end
close for the hospital and its related COID’s.
Responsible for the completion of Financial Reporting documents
on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis such as financial
operating and volume trending reports.
• Reviews and coordinates financial projections and
• Performs net revenue analysis including the review of the
standard monthly accrual (SMA) and Medicare exhibits
• Coordinates physician and vendor contracts with facility
• Reviews and coordinates tax work-papers and filing
• Reviews and provides input on recommended capital expenditures
and CAM project(s).
• Coordinates the completion of the annual budget and tracks the
progress on a periodic basis.
• Oversees the preparation of the annual Medicare cost report
• Coordinates internal and external audits
• Ensures the hospital’s internal controls are sound and all
Sarbanes Oxley 404 and internal controls documentation is
• Maintains accuracy of the balance sheet; completion of monthly
Balance Sheet Review Guide and Financial Attestation.
Assist CFO with special projects.
Assist with PEA, income guarantees and calculation of physician
Bachelor's degree in Business of Finance related field
MBA and CPA preferred
8+ years' experience in finance and healthcare leadership